THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-29-2022, 10:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakepowell View Post
Thanks for your questions, yes I am here at BJ and I have inspected the car as well as gathered photos from previous inspections. Your points are very valid and I agree with them.

If you would like more info, feel free to PM me.

Hopefully anyone interested in buying this car or any car of this rarity should do there due diligence like I have done.
who ended up buying the ra4 judge? i heard it brought around 160k

Old 01-29-2022, 10:46 PM

Well the Bandit TA GM promo car brought $450,000 and they cut it off immediately not giving it any time to go higher. Barely said anything about it, like all the other celeb super cars and allowing a lot of time between bids to get it higher.

~MaryAnn~ AKA "Stickybuns"
1969 Firebird 400 Convertible
1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

I'm the FiredUp PY bad girl
Old 01-29-2022, 10:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedup6975 View Post
Well the Bandit TA GM promo car brought $450,000 and they cut it off immediately not giving it any time to go higher. Barely said anything about it, like all the other celeb super cars and allowing a lot of time between bids to get it higher.
That bid delay privilege is reserved for anything Shelby. Or anything Craig is selling. Been that way for years.

Old 01-29-2022, 11:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The IV 69 TA went for 105

Old 01-29-2022, 11:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom s View Post
The IV 69 TA went for 105
I wonder if it was bought by a forum member.

Old 01-29-2022, 11:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bought by a guy at the venue.

Old 01-30-2022, 07:15 AM
Senior Chief

I always DVR the auctions and FF through the commercials. This year I’m going through the BJ episodes in no time at all. Seems the commercial times have really expanded.

The Following User Says Thank You to tigergto For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2022, 02:56 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I was at the auction- fantastic time as always. A few notes:

The General Lee that sold for $225k was amazingly similar to my season 2 General Lee. I got dizzy when it sold for that much. Talked to the seller and buyer- both extremely happy. Note it was a 68 that they added 69 grill/tail lights. They filled where they 68 turn signals were but did not put the 69 turn signals in.

Bandit cars are on fire. The mile high car sold for 65k and had faded old decals. I would have thought mine would be worth 30- it’s actually double that.

The psychedelic 70 Judge was awesome. It was in a well lit area and they really should have buffed the paint.

The Ram Air 4 TA looked okay at a quick glance- but both it and the 69 Judge from the mile high collection were not detailed. No fresh wax, no tire dressing, no engine detailing.

Did anyone notice the red 70 GTO that sold for 30k? Awful. Just terrible. They listed it with a 242237…… vin. It was actually a 237 vin. Hopefully the buyer can get some money back

I agree that Jackson must have had a friend bidding on Burts TA. It stopped suddenly

Never thought I would see the day when a 74 GTO went for 50k and a real 70 Judge was going for 70k

Are we now at the point where a black and gold TA is worth as much as a 69 TA?

Old 01-30-2022, 03:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I don't think we'll ever see the point where mid to late 70's black and gold TA's will be worth as much as a 69 TA. If we do then the car market has turned upside down.

What you need is a good example of a 69 TA to compare with. There were quite a few very nice black and gold 70's TA's at BJ this year, some with good history and of course one with high profile ownership that certainly helped the price. Personally I liked the black/gold 76 455 4-speed the most out of all of them.

Even the 70-72 TA's weren't all that well represented this year. One of the 71 or 72 TA's I looked at had 4x heads on it. That was enough to make me move on to the next car.

I think part of the mystique that adds flavor to a 69 TA is not just the rarity of them, but their connection to SCCA Trans Am racing and some of the history they made.

A real 70 Judge going for $70k doesn't surprise me, since the 69's have been fetching 6 figures for a few years now. It's about time the 70 got some love, it's still a great looking car and offered with the same drivetrain options before the low compression stuff hit. In my eye's it's a pretty good bang for the buck when you compare that way. I also feel with the right options a 70 could go higher. Did you see the aqua colored 70 with red interior? It sold for $159k People obviously like those factory odd color combinations, even more than engine options in some cases.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE

Last edited by Formulajones; 01-30-2022 at 03:15 PM.
Old 01-30-2022, 04:52 PM

Awful funny how the bidding on the Burt car stopped in less then a heartbeat, and the winner was right at the exit ramp to sign the papers, like $450k was the magic number. Hmmmmmm all those super cars before it got a lot of time between bidders by the auctioneer but that TA got cut instantly. they let Pit Bull ramble on and on wasting time taking over the show then cut this car off?

1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

Old 01-30-2022, 06:05 PM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400 4spd. View Post
That bid delay privilege is reserved for anything Shelby. Or anything Craig is selling. Been that way for years.
I watch Barrett-Jackson every time they put this show on tv, recording every episode on my DVR and then do what many here have commented on by speeding thru my recordings until I see a car of interest.

I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt (this is from watching this show for at least 15 years) Barrett-Jackson flat out has a bias attitude towards brands of cars!! Virtually every single car on a scale of 1-10 I would say conservatively more than 50% are Fords being sold.

Sitting and watching this show you would not of wanted to hear me vent and swear when I continued to watch Shelby or a regular mustang run across that auction block like this was the biggest and best car ever produced followed by a split between Mopar and Corvettes. I have a friend who had two cars which he painted that were sold on at this event and only one showed up to view live!!!- They were both PONITAC's!

Barrett-Jackson as it was mentioned will ride the crap out of a like a Cobra and MUSTANG and yet when A RARE 1 of 1 Mint green 1970 GTO with red interior came up for auction they glazed over this car without really making any issue to promote it. Pontiacs were very limited to be seen all the days I watched this. I think I saw a total of 6 Pontiacs come up live to bid and they give ZERO homage to these cars. Its sad and mystifying how Mopar/Plymouth became this high dollar car when there are many rare Pontiacs that are ignored and what manufacture created the muscle car era? Glad to see though that Trans Am's seemed to be getting some attention to their history going up in value. I own a 1967 GTO convertible, and hoped to see at least one cross the block live and/or a hardtop and they showed just one 66'.....Why???

I don't know if it is true as I have not verified this, but I heard that Barrett-Jackson has some sort of Ford relationship that they promote these cars over anything else they sell- anyone have any info on this without me spending time searching this?

Old 01-30-2022, 06:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

PONITAC'S

3 Generations of "Beach Boys Racing" !

Everybody knows somthin.
Nobody knows everything !

1st time on a dragstrip, 1964. Flagstart !

"Thanks for the entertainment."

"Real Indians Don't Wear Bowties"
Old 01-30-2022, 07:46 PM

FAT FINGERS ON THE PONTIAC.....

Old 01-30-2022, 07:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

We attend the auction every year. The only real way to get any perspective on cars and brands is to actually walk the grounds in person. There is really no way to form an honest opinion just from watching the TV as they don't really show it all. They can only fit so much in those time slots, add to the fact that we all don't have that much time to sit around and watch it either, at least I don't.

They had a lot of Pontiacs there, A LOT!! If all you do is sit down at prime time on Friday or Saturday night then you missed 80% of the Pontiacs. Granted each year varies with what types of Pontiacs you may see, as that's how it should be. If they had the same thing every year that would get pretty stale pretty fast. But they had plenty to choose from inside the main tent as well as outside. I mentioned earlier, year before last they had about a dozen 69 Judges there which was neat to see.

I do know Steve is an avid Mustang collector. I don't think Craig is as much. Given that, Steve is also very knowledgeable on the Mustangs, so he is more inclined to comment on those. What you don't see off camera are the people and the services that BJ has there to verify some of these other cars. People like Jerry McNeish for instance that will document and verify Chevrolets. Even though some of this isn't broadcast on TV, since they can't possibly fit all that in, you can be sure most of the bidders on site know what they are bidding on. They just don't portray that on TV very well at times.

None of that really matters to me. We go simply for the atmosphere, and treat it as a giant car show. Not many places you can go to see things like an Isetta sitting next to a Hemi Cuda, sitting next to an LS6 Chevelle, sitting next to a Bentley, and a 32 Model A next to that. It has something for everyone. It's a great time and worth the price of admission.

Old 01-30-2022, 07:51 PM

My point is that the TV coverage isn't as great as it should be to cover any PONTIAC's. Virtually every car that crossed that block was a Shelby, Cobra, or a regular Mustang. When they did cover Pontiac it was very light and I didn't see the auctioneer work the car to death. How many times I saw a Ford Product that when it wasn't getting the money they hyped it up to push the value up. Do ya really think or have seen this going on to promote any other car? Even Pit Bull had a car there for charity and he struggle to get anything for his cause.

Old 01-30-2022, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by igofastbaby View Post
My point is that the TV coverage isn't as great as it should be to cover any PONTIAC's. Virtually every car that crossed that block was a Shelby, Cobra, or a regular Mustang. When they did cover Pontiac it was very light and I didn't see the auctioneer work the car to death. How many times I saw a Ford Product that when it wasn't getting the money they hyped it up to push the value up. Do ya really think or have seen this going on to promote any other car? Even Pit Bull had a car there for charity and he struggle to get anything for his cause.

Don’t forget all those nothing to brag about pickup trucks, and crazy off road vehicles. Those things got a lot of love from the auctioneer and brought some big bucks.

1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

Old 01-30-2022, 07:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Don't even know who pit bull is but it was apparent that others at the show didn't care either.

Don't know what you mean by light coverage, every Pontiac on the lot sold, probably just didn't see them all on TV during the times you were watching??

Some cars do get promoted more than others, then again some are worth promoting more while others are not. As much as people on this forum hate to admit it, some Pontiacs fall into that category, as do some Chevrolets, some Fords, etc.... But I really don't see any bias going on when I'm there.

Maybe TV ratings have something to do with what or how they want to broadcast??

Old 01-30-2022, 08:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedup6975 View Post
Don’t forget all those nothing to brag about pickup trucks, and crazy off road vehicles. Those things got a lot of love from the auctioneer and brought some big bucks.
They certainly had their share of Broncos this year. And for good reason. Those things have been getting pretty warm the last 4-5 years and this year they were off the charts. I wouldn't say they weren't anything to brag about, some of those were 6 figure builds and extremely nice. They also brought the money too. The truck owners aren't complaining. With that also drives the prices up on the blazers, which didn't do too bad this year. Pickup trucks were also doing well.

I've had a couple nice blazers, as well as a nice pickup. Glad to see them getting some love.

Old 01-30-2022, 08:19 PM

I tried to watch Saturday night, and could only stomach about 45 minutes of coverage. What a bunch of overpriced vehicles and high rollers trying to show how much money they could throw at a vehicle. I am sure there might have been some interesting ones to watch on other days, but Saturday night was pitiful in my opinion.

Old 01-30-2022, 08:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Short bed classic trucks are insane now!Tom