Old 08-26-2023, 12:33 PM

Default Seat upholstery question

I searched and really couldn't find anything definitive so I will ask the experts.

Who makes the best quality interior seat covers and/or whole interior kits for a 71 gto? I would prefer to only do this once. Current interior is jade green but I am not sold on going back that color as the car is Laurentian Green, white vinyl top and jade interior. Appreciate input from those who have been there. TIA

Old 08-26-2023, 03:05 PM
Senior Chief

Legendary.

https://www.legendaryautointeriors.com/

Old 08-27-2023, 06:00 AM
Senior Chief

When I redid my 71, SMS were the only ones that had the original material. Legendary was close, but when I held the samples next to each other I could see the slight difference.

The Following User Says Thank You to tigergto For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2023, 08:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Legendary makes good stuff.

I bought a complete interior kit from them for my 70, and it took me 3+ years to get around to doing the seats. When I did the back seat, I found a defect in the embossing and it was going to come apart. I emailed them and Ron called me the next day and confirmed they would send a replacement, even though it was well outside of any warranty period. They even shipped it to my door in Canada at their cost, which impressed me because I had originally had the kit shipped to Niagara Falls, NY and went to pick it up to save on shipping costs.

The Comfortweave for 1970 is not correct, it looks close but is not the real deal, but I knew that going it and am still happy.

Also should mention I did the Rallye front seat instead of the original ones.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210411_131959.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	618909  

Oshawa built 1 option Judge basket case. 463, SD KRE 295's, CNC'd factory intake, Cliff's Qjet, Stump Puller HR cam, RARE RA manifolds, Pypes exhaust, T56 Magnum, McLeod RXT clutch, 3.42 12 bolt. 24 year project almost done...

Last edited by mrennie; 08-27-2023 at 08:51 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrennie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2023, 09:23 AM

I took a look at their site but it is a bit of a mess, unless for some reason it is my browser which I doubt. No prices or pictures for my year car. Is it better to call them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigergto View Post
When I redid my 71, SMS were the only ones that had the original material. Legendary was close, but when I held the samples next to each other I could see the slight difference.

Old 08-27-2023, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrob View Post
I took a look at their site but it is a bit of a mess, unless for some reason it is my browser which I doubt. No prices or pictures for my year car. Is it better to call them?
Yes.