Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-18-2021, 05:37 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Wanted 68-72 Lemans or Tempest Wagon

I've been sending out feelers looking for a 68-72 Lemans or Tempest wagon and now I'm in the full bore ready to buy mode. The car needs to be in very solid condition to begin with and I would certainly prefer to find a 71-72 T-41 car but will consider all candidates. I would much prefer to pay more for a really clean car than to have to do rust repair. If the car isn't a T-41 already, my plan would be to do a GTO front end conversion on it. Also, I'm not interested in cars with woodgrain sides on them, nor cars that have had heavy rust repair on them. I would however entertain having a car built from a completely rust free roller if it made sense.

Like everyone else, I don't want to overpay for a car, but I'm not trying to cheap out either. Just need some help finding the right car. Will consider cars anywhere in the U.S., but I'm in Wisconsin. I've purchased several cars remotely in the past so I know the drill.

I appreciate any tips that help me find car.

Thanks
Old Joe