THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 09-11-2021, 03:31 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrffytr1 View Post
Bob,
while not even close to the grief you have suffered, when I lost my last remaining brother suddenly, it hit me really hard. Thanks to friends who have kept in contact I made it through the pain and sorrow. It has been two years now and I still think about Joe almost every day. The one thing that helps is knowing that I will see him and the rest of my family again one day.
When I lost my only brother unexpectedly at 48y/o, the first two years were horrible. It's been 10 years now and still think daily of him...better than constantly.

1970 GTO (Granada Gold) - 400 / TH400
The Following User Says Thank You to vertigto For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2021, 07:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I cant imagine the feelings losing a brother. When we love it is all encompassing feelings. All of you will be in my prayers. Thank you Bob.

Old 09-11-2021, 08:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bob, I am sure that loosing a brother doesn't come close to loosing a spouse. I lost four brothers but, for some reason, loosing the last one really affected me. Maybe it was because I had just spent a week with him before he died and it caught me completely off guard. Even at that, brothers have their own lives to live while a spouse is part of your life. You are still in my prayers.

Old 09-11-2021, 08:56 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Agreed...if the passing of a sibling is this difficult, I can't imagine what you are going through with the passing of your mate, the closest relationship a person will have.

I continue to pray for your healing and peace. You are not alone.

1970 GTO (Granada Gold) - 400 / TH400
Old 09-12-2021, 08:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm learning that there is no time frame for healing. The grief,its like a wave sometimes intense then placid,it will be there till I die. However god is with all of us in this journey. Sometimes I feel I'm going crazy-really. This is happening to me! However our/my faith is really helping in those times. The Grief Share is helping,the psychologists are helping,friends are helping,men at our church fellowship are helping. Little by little, step by step I'm feeling that with Gods help I will work through this grief to realize his will for me. Maybe I can make a difference in this world we live in.

Old 09-12-2021, 09:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Bob, I can't think of hard this is.
Maybe think of it as your wife is on a journey or voyage, like with her girl friends. You will meet again when the time is ready?
You are on your journey while she is on hers.

You are in my prayers.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 09-15-2021, 12:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Bob, I saw this on another site and thought you and others here might find it comforting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-09-15 at 00-03-35 Facebook.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	573053  

Old 09-15-2021, 05:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdbob View Post
Thank you guys. May God Bless all of you.
So sorry for your loss Bob.
I lost my wife on March 25 2013 after 42 years together.
I still miss her so much.
Make sure you morn her loss.
But never forget and Celebrate the life you had with her as a blessing.
She's a part of you and in your heart that never ever leaves.
Be strong and hang in there.
Don't get too caught up in the pills or alcohol.
I pray the Lord will give you patience and peace.

God Bless.
Steve

Old 09-15-2021, 07:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thank you all for your kind words. It helps. I went to St Vincent DePaul store Monday. It's like Salvation Army.We both volunteered there.I wanted to run literally out the door, I couldnt cope with the feelings.However everyone knew how am feeling and asked me to stay. I did my job repairing things. I laughed a little with them. I'm glad I stayed. It was hard. These grief feelings I've never had before. I do think that my wife- Bobbie- would want me to be happy. My wife was a very caring woman.Her job was a case manager social worker. She did not care who you were if she could help you she would. God Bless. Again thank you all for your words of encouragement. 'One step at a time,with gods guidance'.

The Following User Says Thank You to sdbob For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2021, 03:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just to let all of you know that I am very thankful for this forum and thankful for the support you all have given me at this time. I'm doing ok,grieving. Still shocked but seemingly hitting on all 8 cylinders. Home duties getting done. Bill's paid. Getting grief counseling.The deeper the love the deeper the grief.Financially I will be good. My attorney is writing a will,power of attorney and medical power of attorney for me. Also he is sending letters to credit card cos. my wife had to not hound me for payments. Today it's been 6 weeks. Also it would have been her 74 birthday today. I took flowers and a Happy Birthday balloon to the grave yard. Going to dinner at our favorite Italian restaurant - Falbos - tonight. Thank you all may God Bless. Bob.

The Following User Says Thank You to sdbob For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2021, 05:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You are still in my prayers. Glad to hear you are getting along a little better.