WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 Race Tech

04-06 Race Tech Get in, shuT up, and hang On!

Old 03-20-2004, 06:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 70455RA:
What is the deal with that big stupid looking wing.It won't even fit in the trailer.I've seen airplanes with smaller wings than that.I will compliment them on the trailer though.A few more stickers and maybe it could have won the race.WHAT A MOCKERY OF THE GTO NAME!!!!!!!
They've gone to far now. This car is just a joke isn't it.That's why I haven't seen one on the street yet. Please someone tell it's all just been a joke. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, there is more to racing than NASCAR crap. Going around and around in a big circle with the same exact cars. Yeah, thats' exciting for sure.

This is called road racing where you really have to know how to drive a car. I don't see any "RICE" do you? Where? The Audi? The Porsche, The BMW's? Where? I don't see any Honda's with fart pipes, or Toyota's, Mitubishi's, Nissan's.

Do you really know what a RICE Car is?

Here let me show you.

RICE.

NOT RICE

Do you get it? See the difference?

I believe the reborn GTO is going to be success inspite of all the naysayers. Then you guys will really be up in arms.

[This message was edited by Nickv on March 20, 2004 at 06:00 PM.]

www.musclecarsgalore.com
www.nikivee.com
[www.reverbnation.com/nikivee

1967 Pontiac GTO
1967 Pontiac Grand Prix
1972 Pontiac Lemans Sport Convertible
2015 Dodge Challenger ScatPack 392, 6 speed
2017 Ford Explorer AWD
Old 03-20-2004, 07:32 PM

Now, Nickv I am not trying to start an argument, but NASCAR is not "crap" and it is not "redneck" ect., ect.,. Don't forget that NASCAR does run roadraces themselves probably just to keep them honest and to also satisfy the naysayers that claim that it ain't real racin'. If you have never seen a race at Charlotte, Daytona or Talledega, then do your self a favor and go see one. You will find it hard to believe that there is a human being actually willing to be at the controls of a machine at that speed and in those conditions. I am a fan of all motorsports, I follow NASCAR, NHRA, Formula 1, CanAm, Supercross/Motocross, ETC.. If NASCAR is so lame then why are roadrace drivers like Boris Said etc. trying to find full time rides in NASCAR? Personally I think that Formula 1 is the extreme of roadracing, those guys are incredible, I was a Michael Schumacher fan way back in the early '90's when he first got with Benneton Ford, so I'm not a "fair weather fan" but the "great Senna" will always be my favorite! BTW, NHRA Prostocker Larry Morgan is our local NHRA hero, his chief engine builder did the machine work on my 400.
Old 03-20-2004, 07:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I did not say it was redneck now, did I? I personally find it boring and I stand by that statment. I personally prefering NHRA dragracing as my favorite motorsport and road racing and rally racing as my second pics. I've watched NASCAR, and after about an half hour of it I'm done. Now, I'm sure seeing a NASCAR race live is so much better, but I stand by my statement. Peace out.

www.musclecarsgalore.com
www.nikivee.com
[www.reverbnation.com/nikivee

1967 Pontiac GTO
1967 Pontiac Grand Prix
1972 Pontiac Lemans Sport Convertible
2015 Dodge Challenger ScatPack 392, 6 speed
2017 Ford Explorer AWD
Old 03-20-2004, 07:54 PM

Man you guys take this personal don't you.I don't like toilet bowl racing(nascar)either. I'm not saying anything against the gto itself, gotten so I kind of like it. But please what a funky looking race car. I feel sorry for the poor car with all that crap stuck on it. Just giving my opinion. Personal attacks weren't necessary. Now get the GTO's to the drag strip where we all know the real racing is done.
Old 03-20-2004, 08:17 PM

Nickv, like I said, I wasn't trying to start any argument, but your state was blessed with a NASCAR track and for a fan like myself, I can't believe that a car guy can't be a fan of NASCAR. Anyway, like I said, I am a fan of most all motorsports and am fortunate to have a NHRA owned track 15 min. away-National Trail Raceway. Norwalk- about one hour away. Mid-Ohio about 45 min. away. But no NASCAR in the state of Ohio, Damn. Actually Martinsburg is the easiest track to shoot for on a weekend from Ohio. BTW I inserted "redneck" from earlier post's after dealing with goatman and the followers.
Old 03-20-2004, 08:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 70455RA:
Man you guys take this personal don't you.I don't like toilet bowl racing(nascar)either. I'm not saying anything against the gto itself, gotten so I kind of like it. But please what a funky looking race car. I feel sorry for the poor car with all that crap stuck on it. Just giving my opinion. Personal attacks weren't necessary. Now get the GTO's to the drag strip where we all know the real racing is done. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, the cars have those kind of decals and graphics so the fans and TV knwo what kind of car it is and to make it stand out. It isn't any different than any other forms of motorsports sponsorship.

Ever call Arnie Beswick's GTO foolish because it has tiger stripes on it? No, it is a marketing tool. That car is the ONLY GTO being campaigned in that SpeedGT series. got to make it stand out.
Old 03-20-2004, 08:29 PM

Speaking of Norwalk. I was up there a few years ago and they had huge cups of ice cream for a dollar.Do they still do that? It was worth the 11 hour drive just to here my dad telling everybody about the ice cream.Nice track too.I can't believe you compared THE TAMELESS TIGER to that car.Please stop the blasphemy. Diffently gets attention
Old 03-20-2004, 08:48 PM

70455RA, yes the icecream @ Norwalk still kicksa$$, but like at all the dragstrips the prices on all the other stuff is unreal, i.e. pop-$3, hotdog-$3?, I know these vendors have to pay rent on their spaces @ these events and the only way they can make a reasonable profit is to jack-up the price, but if folks will buy it that's the way it'll be. It really is not the vendors' fault. Nickv, what about NASCAR runnin' roadcourses? Gotta goad ya' a little bit, don't I!?
Old 03-20-2004, 08:57 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Actually Martinsburg is the easiest track to shoot for on a weekend from Ohio. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you mean Martinsville, VA? I live about an hour from there. Went to watch qualifying once. I started cheering for Bobby Labonte a few years ago because he was driving a green Pontiac. (My Grand Am is green.) Now he drives a Chevy.

I've been to the Daytona 500 twice. Big infield party. Probably saw ten laps total of racing. Don't remember much else.

Long story short, though, watching NASCAR on TV puts me to sleep. I judge the quality of a race by how good the nap was.
Old 03-20-2004, 09:09 PM

FLORIT-you got me on that one I did mean Martinsville! There is a Martinsburg here in OH. and after working 10 hours and a beer or two, you can't blame a guy for gettin' the names wrong, sorry. BTW I know those infield parties are a hell of a good time!
Old 03-22-2004, 05:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Any thoughts on the championship round of NASCAR, that should be some good racing?

Heard the IRL was a bore fest as usual with about 2 people in the stands, didn't catch it.

Shame we didn't see the goat IN the actual race at least, looking forward to mid ohio.

Anyone going to the first truck race in Mansfield this year?

How about Button on the podium? Villeneuve you idiot, what a slap in the face. Anyone know if they re-air the F1 during the week?
Old 03-23-2004, 09:56 AM

HUMBLER, I am going to try to get get my old man and brother to go to the Mansfield race, if I can get tickets- shouldn't be hard to talk 'em into it. It's good to finally get NASCAR into Ohio isn't it? After all, F1 use to run at Mid-Ohio almost three decades ago, wish they still did. Schumacher is on fire this year, I have to believe it is skill more than the car. I just don't think that anyone has his drive or focus @ this time.
Old 03-24-2004, 11:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I know we got our tix about 2 days before they sold out, we tried to call back and get more!

I'd be "driven" too if I made well over 50 mill a year. That equip. he has ain't bad either!

I just think it is hilarious the year Ville jumps ship (or was pushed off) that Honda gets a podium. I've been a fan ever since the Players days in CART but man he crucified himself there in the end last year. Oh well guess I'm back with Montoya, he was always great to the fans in the pits at Mid Ohio.