Old 04-19-2016, 09:02 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Question G BODY AC heater controls

working on the wife's 84 g-body. I replaces ac compressor ,dryer, orifice tube, flushed everything, new seals, pulled it down real low for 1 hr. added the r 135 change and it cooled great! for a week . Problem is now it blows only hot air out the ac ducts on max. hooked up the gauges everything looks great. i am thinking heater hot air door stuck open. . or cable related. Temps here have been swinging from heat to ac, where i live so i have moved the controls a few times. anyone got a idea or picture of the duck works?. is it cable controlled? i see it has a lot of small vacuum lines in the engine compartment .going inside the cab.

Old 04-19-2016, 10:35 AM

http://www.gbodyparts.com/product_in...roducts_id=409

This might be the problem. if you pull the glove box door down you will be able to see the plastic pc above or the cable clip that attaches to the side of the hvac box has broken.

SEVEN UPS 2.0 TAKING THE THIRD DEGREE ONE STEP FURTHER

2016 1/8 MILE 7.0 @ 100 MPH 406 B&M MINI BLOWER
Old 11-18-2017, 11:48 PM

check this out, www.montecarloss.com/SS_FAQ_16.html#4 and good luck!

Old 11-19-2017, 06:19 PM
Senior Chief

The controls are vacuum operated. These need to be connected correctly to work. Also if your A/C compressor is not energizing there is a relay that you need to verify is being powered up.

Old 12-10-2017, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack P. View Post
The controls are vacuum operated. These need to be connected correctly to work. Also if your A/C compressor is not energizing there is a relay that you need to verify is being powered up.
AFAIK, the temp door is cable operated.