Old 08-25-2021, 10:03 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I’m paying a painter to paint it but I did buy the supplies. Here are the numbers:

Base coat black dmd1683 one gallon
Clear dcu2002. One gallon
Reducer dt885. One gallon and one quart
Hardener dcx61. One quart

It was recommended to not go 1:1 but he is because he wanted thinner coats. After the front clip is painted I’ll have the new vinyl top installed. Then it goes back for polishing. However he is polishing some areas beforehand like fenders where emblems mount.

The Following User Says Thank You to supersport#69 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2021, 02:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks.

I'll be interested in how the vinyl top goes ... I'll be doing that too.

Old 08-28-2021, 09:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeteeohguy View Post
In California, I will have to say that I have seen more Verdoro Green '68-'69 GTO's than any other color bar none. John DeLorean's wife saw an ashtray at a cocktail party that color and showed it to John, suggesting he should use it as a car color. He did, as a Firebird color in '67, and it was special order available on the '67 GTO's as well. Done correctly, it's gorgeous. Back in the day when I was a kid, it tended to fade into a flat Army Green in about 5 years and look bad.

Tony, your '68 is looking absolutely KILLER! You are doing that old car justice.
They all looked like old military vehicles as the Verdoro green faded. I grew to detest that color as it reminded me of my Viet Nam years (lost too many friends!). Happy that my '68 is a nice Flambeau Burgundy.

Happy to say, Tony, that your car looks fantastic, very well done . Thanks for giving me a better feeling for it.

"No replacement for displacement!"

GTOAA--https://www.gtoaa.org/
Old 08-30-2021, 06:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1968GTO421 View Post
They all looked like old military vehicles as the Verdoro green faded. I grew to detest that color as it reminded me of my Viet Nam years (lost too many friends!). Happy that my '68 is a nice Flambeau Burgundy.

Happy to say, Tony, that your car looks fantastic, very well done . Thanks for giving me a better feeling for it.
In 1993, I painted my '67 GTO Flambeau Burgundy because I worked on a customer's '68 and fell in love with the color. (my car was Signet Gold). No regrets.