Old 08-05-2021, 06:45 AM

Default 1979 10th Anniversary Trans Am going to Auction

Not my car but I thought someone here may enjoy it.

https://www.teelauctions.com/collect...ugust-29-2021/

Old 08-07-2021, 09:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It's a really interesting car with supposedly under 10k miles.

But the floor mats and carpet look like they want to tell a different story for some reason.
And i don't understand what is going on with the missing front grilles and turn signals either. It just has some odd quirks about it.
Things that can be corrected, but odd that they need it.

The old Cord they are offering is pretty wild if its' description is true.
Low low miles and factory original paint

Old 08-08-2021, 01:18 PM

So my friend and I drove over and looked at these cars on Friday and I was a bit disappointed in the condition of the car. As noted in the previous post the turn signals and grills are gone, almost like they were broken out. The floor mats are KMart specials and are tan. I think they should have been removed and the rugs photographed instead. One thing I did find strange for a low mile car, unless it was in damp storage, was the drivers interior windshield pillar was covered in what felt like rust. Maybe the T-Tops leaked on that side? That may also may be the reason the drivers seat bottom has cracks in the leather, like it had not been conditioned for forever. Sorry guys I did not ask to look at the motor as I do not not know enough about Trans Ams to make an opinion about that either. The one thing that does make me think it is a low mileage but stored poorly car is the license plate, PA has not had those color license plates for many many years. The registration sticker may be a July of 1980 sticker. Minimum bid on this car is right now at $30.000.00.

Old 08-14-2021, 01:34 PM

Still no bids on this car so far. Opening bid is still $30.000.00. I asked yesterday for the hood to be opened, the guy that was cleaning the cars stated that the hood release handle is broken, all that is left is the cable inside the car. Groan.

Old 08-14-2021, 05:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hood release on these is under the nose in the center. Have seen the 'T' broke on them and had to use vice-grips to pull.

The empty hole under the dash was for e-brake release on camaro's.

Have seen grills rot away and crumble like this one has done. Don't know why it happens to some cars and not to others. Does seem to be worse on low mile cream puffs than it does on cars that get drove/used/abused.

Clay

Old 08-14-2021, 05:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxgapLeMans View Post
Still no bids on this car so far.
Web site says auction is on the 29th at 12 noon. If they take early bids, I doubt they'ld post them for fear of running potential buyers off.

Clay

Old 08-16-2021, 11:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hope that no one buys it sight-unseen
They might be in for some Bigger surprises

under the hood and under the belly - if poor storage was part of the problems showing.

Old 08-29-2021, 02:26 PM

We just got back from the auction and the Trans Am sold for $24,000.00.