Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 08-14-2021, 07:58 AM

Default ABS Codes

I recently purchased a 2000 E-350 Ford Cutaway. The previous owner switched out a sticking caliper before my purchase.

After the caliper change, the ABS and Brake lights are lit. I scanned the car and get codes C1155 and C1145 which are Front Speed Sensor Input Circuit Malfunction (both left and right).

Do any of you have experience with Ford ABS? I am wondering how a caliper change on the right side could make these codes happen simultaneously? I really don't want to start replacing parts, so I guess I'll take it to a shop with a proper ABS diagnostic tool.

Any ideas or suggestions would appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!

Old 08-14-2021, 08:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

A good starting point would be to get a scan tool on the truck and go to ABS Data. Drive the truck. See if you are getting correct and equal wheel speed input from each wheel. You do not need a Ford scan tool for this. A generic scan tool will do it. But not just a code reader. Report back with your findings.

Old 08-14-2021, 11:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Won't think the caliper swap would have anything to do with speed sensor codes, unless the wiring or sensor was damaged while changing out the caliper. As suggested check input from the sensors with a scan tool.

TOM
Old 08-16-2021, 03:24 PM

Thanks for the replies. Can anyone recommend a scanner that will report live ABS Data? The scanner I currently have will give me ABS codes and real time data, but nothing live with the ABS system.