Old 09-01-2021, 12:25 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG View Post
I use four wheel drums and foot brake. I pre-stage, bring it up to 2500 rpm and bump the brake to stage without lunging.
I was trying to creep, constant slow motion, maybe I'll try bumping. Do you bump the whole distance between the pre and stage lights?

Racing at Cedar Falls

Continental 10", 3400 stall

Old 09-01-2021, 12:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc View Post
I was trying to creep, constant slow motion, maybe I'll try bumping. Do you bump the whole distance between the pre and stage lights?

Racing at Cedar Falls

Continental 10", 3400 stall
Try short shallow pump of brake pedal to get to second stage bulb. After you get a feel for it you can get real accurate with staging depth IMHO. It does take practice to get staged and bring rpm's right in the amount of time you have. No substitute for practice. Unless you're one of those unconscious people that were born with it lol.

Old 09-01-2021, 09:36 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchmitz View Post
Unless you're one of those unconscious people that were born with it lol.
That is funny. Three weeks ago I raced, red light in the semi's. I think that was the run that when I looked down at the tach after staging, the engine rpm was too high. I said I think that was the run, so I can't keep track of my conscious mind.

That is why last week I wanted to try something different, bring rpm's up at pre-stage.