Pontiac - Boost Turbo, supercharged, Nitrous, EFI & other Power Adders discussed here.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

""""""HIS, to make 470 HP your would need a 36# per HR injector.""""""

Tom, I might make 470HP with the Q-JET. Goal is 10.0 @ 134 MPH, no faster. So I was thinking 650 HP; that looks to calc at 51# for 8 injectors. I like the notion Less Pump PSI, and 16 injectors would immediately cut the Injectors to 25# with the 43PSI pump. Hey, that leads me back to the 4.6L injectors...huh. Thanks for the RC Fuel Inj Link.

Scott; Your vile commentary is boring. You don't roost in the Boost section. Go away.

Old 12-22-2009, 11:00 PM
Suspended

HIS,
i believe this section is to help members to learn about boosted pontiac engines.
why are you wasting everbody's time with your crackpot combo's?

brad.

Old 12-22-2009, 11:08 PM
Boost Engineer

Brad, He is trying to Boost a Traditional Pontiac. Boosting involves fuel injected engines as well as Carbed engines. Let it go.

Tom Vaught

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Why stop at 16 injectors? If you go to 24 injectors, that will afford the use of smaller and more readily available injectors (ie - cheaper). Tie 3 together in each runner using 90-degree brass elbows with a T on the middle one to tie each runner together to form your fuel rail...you've probably got enough of these fittings and 3/8" line laying around the garage to accomplish this. What a sight that would be under the hood.

Don't think I'd skimp on the pump though, as even though the injectors would be smaller, with more of them you're increasing the total surface area in the system...you'll need a pump to apply adequate volume/pressure for them to atomize properly when cycling. But what of the "brain" to control everything? One that you can readily program with a laptop to tune? That's going to be a budget buster.

Old 12-23-2009, 03:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Baker View Post
Why stop at 16 injectors? If you go to 24 injectors, that will afford the use of smaller and more readily available injectors (ie - cheaper). Tie 3 together in each runner using 90-degree brass elbows with a T on the middle one to tie each runner together to form your fuel rail...you've probably got enough of these fittings and 3/8" line laying around the garage to accomplish this. What a sight that would be under the hood.

Old 12-23-2009, 03:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62fatcat View Post
why are you wasting everbody's time with your crackpot combo's?

Old 12-23-2009, 05:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

"Engineers do stuff for reasons" HIS

Old 12-23-2009, 09:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-Inch Stud View Post
"Engineers do stuff for reasons" HIS
We know. You're reasons for building some of the things pictured in this thread center around you not willing to spend more than $8. I can only imagine what you would come up with for a wagon wheel if we lived in colonial times.

Old 12-23-2009, 09:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Baker View Post
We know. You're reasons for building some of the things pictured in this thread center around you not willing to spend more than $8. I can only imagine what you would come up with for a wagon wheel if we lived in colonial times.
"your"