Pontiac - Boost Turbo, supercharged, Nitrous, EFI & other Power Adders discussed here.

Old 01-13-2010, 01:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default ? mods to fuel noid when running E85???

I'm actively caught up in the idea of switching over to E85! When running a plate style nitrous kit will running E85 require any changes to the fuel noid or just a jet change?

I'm hoping it only requires a larger jet on the fuel side! 30% larger or ??? JD

Old 01-14-2010, 12:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Personally,if I were gonna spray an engine when using E85 or such,I'd keep the motor on the E85,and keep the N/A tune-up set for that fuel.

And then I'd spray the kit with straight race gas for the enrichment fuel,and keep the same basic tune-up for the kit as you would normally run with the motor running on race gas.

That's what a good many of the methanol/nitrous racers I talked to do,they run & tune the engine on alky for N/A use most of the time,and then use race gas for the kit enrichment when the need for a "little extra oomph arises".

As long as the NA E85 tune-up is right,and the kits race gas tune-up is right,all should work very nicely.

The only real hassle is the car needs two completely seperate fuel systems,and thus it needs two fuel cells,but NBD really as the nitrous kits cell only needs to be a gallon or two @ most,and it wont need a "mega" fuel pump either.

I've considered going this route with my race car,even designing the current fuel system to be easily switched if I opt to go that way @ some point down the road a bit.

Bret P.

In the meantime,check out the cars HERE.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks Bret, I like the setup and idea of running a dedicated cell for the nitrous. I too set up my current fuel system where I can easily switch to the second cell mounted in the front. Once I get ready to try more than a 150 HP shot I'll definitely switch to the dedicated fuel system with the race fuel. I've got an extra Mallory Comp 110 pump I could use. Thanks again! JD