Old 04-07-2015, 02:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 70-73 Option list that was Factory OR Dealer install

I thought this would be good to start a thread on this to see some facts on options listed as factory, but also available at the Dealer ( Rule.. should have a RPO code) Dealer accessory manual would be huge for this. Most Dealer options were "kits", but mimic the factory to a great degree. I do not have these early dealer manuals.
1970 sales code 634.. is this a RPOu46 ?? rear light monitor? help?
rear defog ( blower style) Factory and Dealer
Right side mirror on a base 1970 as a dealer install, was there a 'kit" ? the doors do NOT have the plate in the back..
D58.. rear console? Dealer install as a kit too?
D34 RH vanity mirror is a GO both ways..
Im sure you all will have some to add.., Thanks!!
I know the 8 track was a dealer kit as well as factory.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

On the rear tail light monitor, '70 GTO's had that option for part of the year under the same sales cade 634. It consisted of a small package shelf mounted black housing, maybe 1" X 2" with 2 fiber optic lights in it. If a taillight was out, the monitor would show it as the lights faced forward towards the driver. I don't think I've ever seen mention of a Firebird with that option but might have happened. Here's a pic and the link to the early advertising Judge it was found in:
http://www.hotrod.com/cars/featured/...iac-gto-judge/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hppp_1102_09+1970_pontiac_gto_judge.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	394792  

Old 04-07-2015, 01:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That tail light monitor is pretty cool!

If you want to get people going start talking about the ASC sunroofs

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National
Old 04-07-2015, 02:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksGTO View Post
On the rear tail light monitor, '70 GTO's had that option for part of the year under the same sales cade 634. It consisted of a small package shelf mounted black housing, maybe 1" X 2" with 2 fiber optic lights in it. If a taillight was out, the monitor would show it as the lights faced forward towards the driver. I don't think I've ever seen mention of a Firebird with that option but might have happened. Here's a pic and the link to the early advertising Judge it was found in:
http://www.hotrod.com/cars/featured/...iac-gto-judge/
I had the RPOU46 on my 68 California camaro, which included front fender monitors, BUT I saw the option listed for 1970 Firebirds in the Firebird "red Book" ( Peter Sessler)