Old 06-19-2006, 07:44 PM

Default Shaker drain hose clamp

The spring clamp that holds the drain hose to the shaker scoop broke. Does anyone know where I can get the right diameter OEM style spring clamp? This is for a 79.

Warren

79 T/A,WS6,A3,403
96 T/A,WS6,M6
72 442,W30,A3
06 Vette Vert,Z51,M6

Old 07-09-2006, 01:02 PM

Here's the clamp attached to the hose for sale on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-...QQcmdZViewItem

Holy crap, for the price its bid up to, these things must be rare for a piece of rubber hose! I'm curious to know how many of you all still have the original hose?

Warren

Old 07-09-2006, 08:38 PM

I dont have the original on mine. used a piece of heater hose and no clamp at all. Been fine for 6 years that way. You would have to be insane to pay $200 for a hose that u dont even really see. Ebay has sometimes made this stuff insanly overpriced.

Old 07-10-2006, 05:18 PM

I still have the original on my TA. Maybe I need to think about listing it on Ebay.

Old 07-10-2006, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Seale
Here's the clamp attached to the hose for sale on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-...QQcmdZViewItem

Holy crap, for the price its bid up to, these things must be rare for a piece of rubber hose! I'm curious to know how many of you all still have the original hose?

Warren
I don't have the original - it was missing when I bought the car seven years ago. So I used a piece of heater hose (small) for about $2.50 and a stainless heater hose clamp for about $.95. I did it as a temporary fix until I got around to looking for an original - and because I can't see it, and don't think about it often, it's still there. Looks like I saved enough to pay for the new HD fan clutch and fan.