THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 09-28-2023, 07:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchmitz View Post
I work with a guy that parks in the handicap spot every day. There's absolutely nothing wrong with him other than he is a lazy weasel. Pisses me off every time I see his truck parked there.

Explain to him that it's meant for the physically handicapped, not mentally handicapped.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 400 4spd. For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2023, 08:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchmitz View Post
I work with a guy that parks in the handicap spot every day. There's absolutely nothing wrong with him other than he is a lazy weasel. Pisses me off every time I see his truck parked there.
There are some easy fixes to this. Notify your employer first. It this doesn't resolve the issue the next call is to the cops - every day he parks illegally.

You know who it is. Do something.

The Following User Says Thank You to The Champ For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2023, 08:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

On a similar note, the guys with a f 250 that park in the cross hatches in front of the lawn mowers at Home Depot are deserving of @&^%^&% of the year award as well. "Hey, I have a big truck, I can park wherever I want". Same deal at our local grocery store. There is a fire line right in front of the store opening. The pharmacy is right inside the door. At any given time there are at least 2 maybe 3 people parked there, while they run in for a quick pick up!

I would like to be just ignorant enough one time to stop right in the middle of the travel lane and park and walk into the store, just to show people how lazy they can be.

The Following User Says Thank You to TAKerry For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2023, 09:08 AM
Senior Chief

Wait till next time I catch one of these blue cards in one of our spots - it’s on !

Old 09-28-2023, 09:29 AM

For me it all about ethics. People should ask themselves if everyone did what I just did (parking in the fire lane, handicap parking without placard etc) what kind of society would I be living in. Not a good one. Learned that at home growing up and reenforced during ethics class back in the 80's. Thank God the unselfish people in this country out number the selfish ones. So far.

Old 09-28-2023, 10:27 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

In my area I've seen motorcycles (2 wheel) and sports cars parked in HC spots. I look and they have HC license plates, not just a hang tag. What kinda handicap is this?

1930 Ford Model A Coupe .. (original)
1994 Buick .."TowMaster" ...woody wagon
Old 09-28-2023, 10:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
There are some easy fixes to this. Notify your employer first. It this doesn't resolve the issue the next call is to the cops - every day he parks illegally.

You know who it is. Do something.
Oh it's legal. He has a handicap tag hanging from his rear view mirror. All you need is a willing doctor. I'm retiring after the first of the year. I've fought enough battles at work.

The Following User Says Thank You to JSchmitz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2023, 11:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400 4spd. View Post
Explain to him that it's meant for the physically handicapped, not mentally handicapped.
Funny and he might qualify for the mental.

Old 09-28-2023, 03:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

When my handicap window placard was issued, I also recieved a wallet card. If you don't have the window card, the wallet card is legal, but only if you are there when the police are there to write the ticket. If a ticket is issued you can go to court and no fine will be issued.

Old 09-28-2023, 04:06 PM
Senior Chief

When my BIL got his HC permit, he was so excited to be able to park up front. We went to a VVA funeral, and he parked up front in the handicap spots. A veteran, pretty crippled up but able to walk slowly, was walking into the funeral home. I asked him why he didn't park in the handicap spots, and he said it was for people who really need it. I could tell he was too proud. He parked out where I park, so no one dings his car doors. Quite a difference in generations of people. My BIL, early 50's and the veteran, late 70's. His family used to take the permit so they could park close everywhere they went. They thought it was funny. Needless to say, I don't associate with them unless the wife makes me.

The Following User Says Thank You to jerry455 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2023, 06:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAKerry View Post
... the guys with a f 250 that park in the cross hatches in front of the lawn mowers at Home Depot ...
You mean by the equipment rental?

I see others doing that all the time, it'd be
unreasonable to expect them to park on
the far side of the lot. Employees will also
help load/unload if you show up solo, but
not if they have to venture out too far.

Old 09-29-2023, 08:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 242177P View Post
You mean by the equipment rental?

I see others doing that all the time, it'd be
unreasonable to expect them to park on
the far side of the lot. Employees will also
help load/unload if you show up solo, but
not if they have to venture out too far.
No not there, just in front of the store in general. HD usually has contractor only parking by the tool rental which is abused as well. One of the only breaks I get, LOL. Im talking about the idiots that just pull up parallel with the building and stop, also ones with a trailer. Park in the back of the lot if your truck doesnt fit!
Our Lowes had contractor parking right in front of the contractor entrance. It was so abused by ^$%$hats that they stopped it. Put up several signs NO PARKING LOADING ONLY. Idiots still park there. So many people have the entitlement thing down pat.

I have seen motorcyclist with HC tags. The few times I have seen it the driver would get off and grab a cane and hobble away. I had a guy that worked for me a number of years ago that had 2 hip replacements and had trouble walking. He had a HC tag and was working construction, that probably raised an eyebrow.

The Following User Says Thank You to TAKerry For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2023, 01:19 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark View Post
Thank God the unselfish people in this country out number the selfish ones. So far.
I'm not so sure anymore. Seems like entitlement and idiocy are making a comeback.

1970 GTO (Granada Gold) - 400 / TH400