Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 12-05-2008, 10:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: The conservative enclave in a land of liberals; South Orange County, CA
Default Firebird salvage yard? Help!

I'm looking for a needle in a haystack - are there any F-body salvage yards? I've called Fabulous Firebirds...are they still in business? Does anybody know of any others? Thanks...

Old 12-05-2008, 11:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I thought there was one on the west side of Michigan that may have included camaros. Or was that the one called fabalous firebirds. Just seen an ad but can't remember where. Maybe old car trader. Heck I don't know Good Luck

Old 12-05-2008, 11:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Maybe someone in the firbird section can help.

Old 12-05-2008, 11:49 PM

Log onto the first generation firebird website and ask around for what you need. A good group of people focused on 1st gens hang over there. Good luck.

Old 12-05-2008, 11:54 PM
Senior Chief

Default F JUNKYARD

JUST SOUTH OF YOUNGSTOWN THERE IS A F BODY JUNKYARK CALLED CAMBIRD. THERE NUMBER IS (330) 549-3685. IT IS LIKE WALKING INTO A TIME CAPSULE.

69 RA V JUDGE
70 RA III 4- SPEED CONV. GTO
73 FIREBIRD
98 MUSTANG CONV
05 LEXUS SC430 CONV
08 LEXUS ES350
15 SILVERADO
Old 12-06-2008, 10:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: The conservative enclave in a land of liberals; South Orange County, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemergary View Post
I thought there was one on the west side of Michigan that may have included camaros. Or was that the one called fabalous firebirds. Just seen an ad but can't remember where. Maybe old car trader. Heck I don't know Good Luck
Um, ok......thank you!

I've posted in the Firebird section, and after posting this I did think about First Gen Firebirds website...I'll post a thread over there as well, and call that place Cambird. Thanks!

Old 12-10-2008, 07:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemergary View Post
I've lived in West Michigan my whole life and I don't know of any around here.

Old 12-11-2008, 12:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

There was a company in CA around ONTARIO I recall that parted out dozens of CAMAROS and FBs each week according to old article I read in Muscle Car Review mag back in late 80s/early 90s I recall.

Dont remember the name but they parted out hundereds of cars and had pictures of their parts. It was a block long building full of parts...everything you can find on a car.

I will look in my pile and see if I can find the artiucle but that might be time consuming, but make an effort when I can.

Might be a long shot but you never know. I havent seen them listed anywhere else so probably out of business. Maybe he sold it all in latest runs on parts, but you never know.
People still finding rare cars so anything is possible.

Might try google for salvage in CA or other key words I used.
Jeff

Old 12-11-2008, 01:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHarper View Post
There was a company in CA around ONTARIO I recall that parted out dozens of CAMAROS and FBs each week according to old article I read in Muscle Car Review mag back in late 80s/early 90s I recall.

Dont remember the name but they parted out hundereds of cars and had pictures of their parts. It was a block long building full of parts...everything you can find on a car.

I will look in my pile and see if I can find the artiucle but that might be time consuming, but make an effort when I can.

Might be a long shot but you never know. I havent seen them listed anywhere else so probably out of business. Maybe he sold it all in latest runs on parts, but you never know.

Jeff
Are you talking about Memory Lane? They used to be in Sun Valley, now they're down in Wilmington...down by Pacific Performance Racing...

Old 12-11-2008, 01:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67blackcherry View Post
I'm looking for a needle in a haystack - are there any F-body salvage yards? I've called Fabulous Firebirds...are they still in business? Does anybody know of any others? Thanks...

They're down in my neck of the woods. (Fredricktown if I remember, waaaay out in the boonies)
You say you called thm, did yu reach them ?

‘22 Toyota Sequoia V8
‘23 Lexus LS500 awd
‘95 Ford F-super duty 4wd 7.3 p-stroke
& countless Jeeps & off road vehicles.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 455Grandville View Post
They're down in my neck of the woods. (Fredricktown if I remember, waaaay out in the boonies)
You say you called thm, did yu reach them ?
I've talked to them a few times...new owner, doesn't know the place like the old guy, can you fax the page showing the part...sorry I didn't call you back...someone will be here tomorrow, I'll have him look for it...

Yes, they're trying to help me...:rolleyes:

Old 12-11-2008, 02:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67blackcherry View Post
I've talked to them a few times...new owner, doesn't know the place like the old guy, can you fax the page showing the part...sorry I didn't call you back...someone will be here tomorrow, I'll have him look for it...

Yes, they're trying to help me...:rolleyes:
Didnt know about a new owner, last was there around '02.
Whats a '55 or 400 go for out in your neck of the woods ?
I have a stack of them , cleaned & magnufluxed; I'm probably going to be selling soon, since I'll never use 'em.

‘22 Toyota Sequoia V8
‘23 Lexus LS500 awd
‘95 Ford F-super duty 4wd 7.3 p-stroke
& countless Jeeps & off road vehicles.

Last edited by 455Grandville; 10-05-2009 at 11:00 AM.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 455Grandville View Post
Didnt know about a new owner, last was there around '02.
Whats a '55 or 400 go for out in your neck of the woods ?
I have a stack of them , cleaned & magnufluxed; I'm probably going to be selling soon, since I'll never use 'em.
Brad
I have no idea. The Pontiac community is pretty weak out here, not a lot of Ponchos out west...I picked up that 455 that "had been rebuilt by the best blah blah blah..." for $1500 but I paid too much for it.

Old 12-11-2008, 01:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHarper View Post

Jeff
Are you talking about Z & Z Auto? It was as you described. Maybe it was Lemon Street in Orange? I was there in 87 to visit Bruce Logan, whose 69TA was getting finished with a Ram air V. I recall it was 70 miles from Canoga Park where I was staying a couple weeks on business.

Old 12-11-2008, 04:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

EINSTEIN:

That might be the place...kind of sounds like it.

He had a city block of buildings I recall full of parts....bumpers in one building,
seats in another...row after row.

They were buying them in the SW and parting clean plain jane cars keeping some of the more rare ones for resto.
They still around?

Old 12-11-2008, 04:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I drive past the city of Orange everyday...I would also be interested if that place is still in business...Orange is very well developed though - how long ago was that?

Old 12-11-2008, 05:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Paul, did you actually read all of my post? Nineteen eighty-seven.

It was an industrial area, pretty well built up then also. I don't recall seeing undeveloped areas like they still had up in Canoga/Topanga area at that time.

What is it that you actually need? There's plenty of guys who deal used 67-69 Firebird parts, many of whom have done so since the late 70s.

Old 12-11-2008, 05:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by einstein View Post
Paul, did you actually read all of my post? Nineteen eighty-seven.

It was an industrial area, pretty well built up then also. I don't recall seeing undeveloped areas like they still had up in Canoga/Topanga area at that time.

What is it that you actually need? There's plenty of guys who deal used 67-69 Firebird parts, many of whom have done so since the late 70s.
Uh......yeah :o

Old 12-12-2008, 09:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

i dealt with Z &Z about ten years ago, then they apparently closed up their location and one of those involved reopened somewhere else nearby (iirc). i'd have to dig around to find names/numbers.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bird2 View Post
i dealt with Z &Z about ten years ago, then they apparently closed up their location and one of those involved reopened somewhere else nearby (iirc). i'd have to dig around to find names/numbers.
Thanks.
That stupid little piece I'm looking for is holding up putting the interior ducting back together - and it's too near Christmas I can't get out to Memory Lanes to start digging around there...