WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 12-04-2004, 05:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What do you GTO fanatics think of the Sport Appearance Package as depicted on the pullout poster in the January issue of HRM? Still wondering if the fresh air hood is optional on the standard GTO w/o the Sport App Package.
Old 12-04-2004, 05:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What do you GTO fanatics think of the Sport Appearance Package as depicted on the pullout poster in the January issue of HRM? Still wondering if the fresh air hood is optional on the standard GTO w/o the Sport App Package.
Old 12-04-2004, 05:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Apperance Package will probably be dealer installed. The Scooped hood is standard and a flat one is optional.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr_GTO:
Apperance Package will probably be dealer installed. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
You may be right. The tag line on the poster states, "The only accessories guaranteed to perform like a GTO. Only from your GM Dealer." All of the package components look to be of the bolt-on variety. Looks very much like the Autocross show car from earlier this year.
Old 12-05-2004, 10:20 AM
Senior Chief

I have talked to the dealers regarding this option when discussing my '05. The options are available as a dealer installed option probably by the end of the first quarter in '05 and only on the red and black exteriors. I like the front but don't know what alteration to the engine sound that the splitter pipes will make. I will need to hear that before passing judgement
Old 12-05-2004, 08:47 PM
Senior Chief

Also, what I want to do to my '04 may seem a little radical but let me know what you GTOers think: I want to replace the rear wing with a rolled up rear deck lid similar to the late model Camaro SS, redo the front facia similar to a Vanquish and add split, flat to the surface air induction on the hood(similar to the Firehawk but possibly a little more elongated).

What do you think?
Old 12-05-2004, 10:48 PM

Sounds pretty sweet, Rabon. Check out http://www.arrowheadperformance.com/exterior_items.htm - they've got some nice looking pieces to work with. One thing's for sure, a hood scoop in the middle of the hood ala the new '05 (& the original) is possibly the worst placement for trying to induct air under the hood - very low pressure there! Leading edge, high pressure locations work much more effectively...or you could do a Pro Stock-two-foot-over-the-hood hood scoop!
Old 12-06-2004, 10:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It's my understanding that the current '04 GTO is ram-air inducted. The 2005's bumpy hood will not act as Ram Air, just fresh air. The '05 ram induction will be the same as the '04 setup regardless of which hood is installed.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:21 PM
Senior Chief

True on the ram air, gtoric. Although for a few bucks an aftermarket filter kit allows better airflow than the factory, which is a bit restricted. there are also dual breather kits, which mount directly under the scoops. I don't recall who makes them right now.

Thanks Trace, the arrowhead equipment looks nice! I particularly like the side pipes. with upgrades like these, I may reconsider adding an '05 to my '04. I may add another '04 and use the rebate to make both look sweeeet!!!