WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 12-28-2004, 09:29 AM

Send a message via AIM to The Who Send a message via MSN to The Who

Well, don't know if any of you know this, but my little brother got Need for Speed Underground 2 for christmas and, you guessed it, the 2004 Pontiac GTO is in it.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:29 AM

Well, don't know if any of you know this, but my little brother got Need for Speed Underground 2 for christmas and, you guessed it, the 2004 Pontiac GTO is in it.
Old 12-28-2004, 11:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Speaking of games, and yes I heard that, my father-in-law broke out his Atari 800 and a box full of games on 5 1/4 diskette. Man, was that fun! Chopper Command, Pole Position, Centipede, Load Runner...
Old 12-28-2004, 11:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'll have to pick that up "for my son" .....

"I open up three deuces, I'm Never Coming Back!"

Old 12-29-2004, 12:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

BTW,

Jonathan,

The Who is by far my favorite band of all time..........

Who's Next is my favorite album of all time.....

Old 12-29-2004, 01:43 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tripower455:
BTW,

Jonathan,

_Who's Next_ is my favorite album of all time..... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here buddy
Old 12-29-2004, 02:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheWho:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tripower455:
BTW,

Jonathan,

Same here buddy <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Listening to A Quick One While He's Away (Live at Leeds version) as I type this........

"SOOOON be hooommmme"

Old 12-29-2004, 03:52 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheWho:
BTW,

Jonathan,

Listening to _A Quick One While He's Away_ (Live at Leeds version) as I type this........

"SOOOON be hooommmme"

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Live at the leeds is one of the first records that my dad bought(hes 50, im 18 :P), last summer, I had a few friends over and we played it around 11 and cranked up sound really loud, Young man Blues sure gets people rocking
Old 12-29-2004, 04:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

BTW,

Jonathan,

Listening to _A Quick One While He's Away_ (Live at Leeds version) as I type this........

"SOOOON be hooommmme"

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Live at the leeds is one of the first records that my dad bought(hes 50, im 18 :P), last summer, I had a few friends over and we played it around 11 and cranked up sound really loud, Young man Blues sure gets people rocking <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too funny, as I read your post, that is the song that is on!

I have 5 CDs in shuffle mode going.......

Do you play guitar? I have pretty much worked my way through most of LAL. Pete's live tone absolutely kills me.......... I have been trying to mimick the sound of a cranked DR103 at a lower volume level, with moderate success....

Here is my mini LAL setup........

That is an '02 Townshend Signature SG. My favorite axe......... The amp is a homebrewed modded 18 watt Marshall. The numbers go to 11, btw......

BTW, it's nice to see young people with good taste in music and cars.... your old man must be proud!

Old 12-29-2004, 04:51 PM

BTW,

Jonathan,

"SOOOON be hooommmme"

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Live at the leeds is one of the first records that my dad bought(hes 50, im 18 :P), last summer, I had a few friends over and we played it around 11 and cranked up sound really loud, Young man Blues sure gets people rocking <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too funny, as I read your post, that is the song that is on!

I have 5 CDs in shuffle mode going.......

Do you play guitar? I have pretty much worked my way through most of LAL. Pete's live tone absolutely kills me.......... I have been trying to mimick the sound of a cranked DR103 at a lower volume level, with moderate success....

Here is my mini LAL setup........

http://tripower455.freeservers.com/marwatt-ptsg.jpg

That is an '02 Townshend Signature SG. My favorite axe......... The amp is a homebrewed modded 18 watt Marshall. The numbers go to 11, btw......

BTW, it's nice to see young people with good taste in music and cars.... your old man must be proud! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't play guitar sadly, I've had a bass for over 2years but havent bothered getting into it yet.

Kind of funny that you mentionned that my dad is proud of me, we had that talk on christmas with my family while drinking a few beers, and they're all surprised and kind of shocked that I love that music as much as they do, I guess I'm one of those few kids around my age that still has some good taste

Whats so great about The Who, is that they're all amazing performers, especially Keith Moon at the drums, it really is a tragedy that he died, I would've loved to see them live, and it makes me even more jealous when my dad talks about the time he went to see The Who and many other shows live.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've seen them several times, but after Keith died. Kenny Jones is a good drummer, but never had the Keith vibe going...... Zak, on the other hand, is a pretty credible replacement for Keith. He's like Keith with a bit more technical expertise. I would like to have seen them with Zak while Ox was still alive.

FWIW, my kids LOVE The Who.......... My 7 year old walks around the house singing Heaven and Hell ...........

Old 12-29-2004, 05:37 PM

FWIW, my kids LOVE The Who.......... My 7 year old walks around the house singing _Heaven and Hell_ ........... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where theres ligh, theres hope or is it When theres light, theres hope?
Old 12-29-2004, 05:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

FWIW, my kids LOVE The Who.......... My 7 year old walks around the house singing _Heaven and Hell_ ........... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where theres ligh, theres hope or is it When theres light, theres hope? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's an Italian proverb or something.... Cicero?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Where there's Life, there's hope <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think John Lennon said that in an interview years ago........