WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 12-04-2004, 12:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to Goathead

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Meanwhile my '05 Goat <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would like to see a picture of it. When are you "supposed to" you get it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJrDl3nRNCM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fvywdocl4GA

http://ultimategto.com/icongraf/65headtitle.jpg
Old 12-04-2004, 04:29 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Champ:
I find it interesting that a participant on this board would be a "Senior Member" with only 60 posts.

If the poster in question, had any integrity, he/she would not have had to create a new identity to post his/her thoughts on this section of the board.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>whatza monaro??
_Senior Member_

Posts: _60_ | Registered: _November 19, 2004_ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

60 posts in 2 weeks, all on this topic, and not a single post that had anything of value to say. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 12-04-2004, 04:47 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Champ:
I find it interesting that a participant on this board would be a "Senior Member" with only 60 posts.

If the poster in question, had any integrity, he/she would not have had to create a new identity to post his/her thoughts on this section of the board.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Take a valium Champ...Is that all you have to do is count my posts?... And yes I do have a different user name then when I first started a year or so ago. So what. Nobody is forcing you ro read my posts.I hadn't logged on for a quite awhile and couldn't remember what my user id / password was. Then when the 05 GM Monaro came out and I saw it was basically the same boring car I decided to jump back in the fray (I know, I know, it's got hood scoops, 50 more hp, l/r duals, blah, blah, blah, it's still a Monaro.) Dump the cheesey spoiler, refine the back end, have a few very minor, very subtle retro cues and it might be a GTO again. But then again, that's a little bit too much creativity and effort to ask of GM. I hope Ford kicks their ass in sales despite the GM Monaro being a better, faster car.
Old 12-04-2004, 04:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Better faster car.........

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 12-04-2004, 05:04 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Jones:
Better faster car......... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From what I've read the 05 Mustang will have a max of 300 hp compared to 400 hp for 05 GM Monaro. There is also a lot of "chromed" plastic gauge housings being used in the dash of the 05 Stang as opposed to metal housings in the GM Monaro. Despite this I still feel the 05 Mustang will far outsell the GM Monaro given that Ford didn't abandon a loyal consumer base like Lutz did.
Old 12-04-2004, 05:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by whatza monaro??:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Jones:

From what I've read the 05 Mustang will have a max of 300 hp compared to 400 hp for 05 GM Monaro. There is also a lot of "chromed" plastic gauge housings being used in the dash of the 05 Stang as opposed to metal housings in the GM Monaro. Despite this I still feel the 05 Mustang will far outsell the GM Monaro given that Ford didn't abandon a loyal consumer base like Lutz did. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Boy you are the guy at the car show that starts spouting off about cars when it is painfully obvious the people who do know about cars that you are preaching to just feel bad for you because you are such a dolt.

And boy you prove it time and time again in this forum.
Old 12-04-2004, 05:47 PM
Senior Chief

Goathead Wrote:
When are you "supposed to" you get it?

Late December. As I said its on the boat. In any event from your comments in your other posts it seems that you didn't like your vintage GTO much either, considering all the modifications that you have done to it. I am sure that you will not like the picture of my '05 when it gets here.

How much TRUE vintage GTO do you have left? As Champ said in another of his posts, anyone can make mods like you have done to a Yugo and make it perform. Was there any other factory car in the year your GTO was built that could equal its performance for the same price? I haven't checked (but am sure someone on this site can enlighten us). On the other hand, is there any factory car at the same price today that can equal the '04/'05 GTO in performance? If those two answers are yes and not really (as I would answer them) then the "Monaro" (some of you should at least spell the name correctly) has already earned the badge GTO!
Old 12-04-2004, 06:15 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by whatza monaro??:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From what I've read the 05 Mustang will have a max of 300 hp compared to 400 hp for 05 GM Monaro. There is also a lot of "chromed" plastic gauge housings being used in the dash of the 05 Stang as opposed to metal housings in the GM Monaro. Despite this I still feel the 05 Mustang will far outsell the GM Monaro given that Ford didn't abandon a loyal consumer base like Lutz did.[/QUOTE]

when it is painfully obvious the people who do know about cars that you are preaching to just feel bad for you because you are such a dolt.
[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure why you are upset at my allegation that the GM Monaro will be a faster, better car than the 05 Mustang, but if want to disagree and say that your beloved GM Monaro is a slower, lower quality car then I guess you are free to do so. My hp figures on the Stang came from Ford.com. My obsevation on the plastic components from sitting in a 05 'Stang at the Mustang Nationals here in Park City, Utah this summer. On the GM Monaro: Forums such as these and GM press releases. So if you want to dispute those #'s then you will need to inform Ford amd GM...and then wake Lutz up from his noon time nap and tell him that depsite the GM Monaro being a faster, better vehicle it's still not making it as a GTO.
Old 12-04-2004, 06:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sweet GTO you got there. Faster than an new one? Don't think so. If you can beat my 13.3@104 in my 04 GTO then your's is faster. Your's does look better though. :-)

www.musclecarsgalore.com
www.nikivee.com
[www.reverbnation.com/nikivee

1967 Pontiac GTO
1967 Pontiac Grand Prix
1972 Pontiac Lemans Sport Convertible
2015 Dodge Challenger ScatPack 392, 6 speed
2017 Ford Explorer AWD
Old 12-04-2004, 08:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Nick, with the 225/70-14's that are on my car now I've done a 13.6 @ 102.5 and that was on my very 1st time down a strip. Put the tires from your car on mine and yes, I could probably beat your new GTOs time. No mine is not stock. Little more cam (216/228 @ .050) and 2 1/2" pipes. Close but not stock. My comment about a better faster car was in reference to "whatza Monaro's" mensa level comment in the post before mine. I don't care for the new GTO, but if he keeps up his idiot level postings, I may go buy one. Thanks for the kind comments about my ride. Its been a ball in the 4 years I've had it. When you see me post on this forum, believe me when I say that I'm just messing around. Others who have appeared recently and loudly are just giving Performance Years Forums a bad name.

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 12-04-2004, 09:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Nick, with the 225/70-14's that are on my car now I've done a 13.6 @ 102.5 and that was on my very 1st time down a strip. Put the tires from your car on mine and yes, I could probably beat your new GTOs time. No mine is not stock. Little more cam (216/228 @ .050) and 2 1/2" pipes. Close but not stock. My comment about a better faster car was in reference to "whatza Monaro's" mensa level comment in the post before mine. I don't care for the new GTO, but if he keeps up his idiot level postings, I may go buy one. Thanks for the kind comments about my ride. Its been a ball in the 4 years I've had it. When you see me post on this forum, believe me when I say that I'm just messing around. Others who have appeared recently and loudly are just giving Performance Years Forums a bad name. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I messing with ya. Get some good DR on that goat and you'll be in the low 13's easy.

www.musclecarsgalore.com
www.nikivee.com
[www.reverbnation.com/nikivee

1967 Pontiac GTO
1967 Pontiac Grand Prix
1972 Pontiac Lemans Sport Convertible
2015 Dodge Challenger ScatPack 392, 6 speed
2017 Ford Explorer AWD
Old 12-04-2004, 09:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Old 12-05-2004, 06:42 AM
Senior Chief

This idiot, Whatza Monaro, is a either a Ford troll or just somebody who's mother doesn't even love him trying to get attention! He's on a lot of GM forums bad mouthing whatever the forum topic is. When you answer the sick little twerp, you give him his jollies for the day. When he reads the come backs, he has one hand on his mouse and one on his unit! Since no girl would be with him, he has to get his somewhere!
Old 12-12-2004, 08:50 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I'm just glad that Pontiac decided to bring the GTO back,even if it does'nt look like the older GTO's its a start.I hope later down the road they'll make a restro look like Ford did with the Mustang.
Old 12-12-2004, 09:36 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Randy W:
This idiot, Whatza Monaro, is a either a Ford troll or just somebody who's mother doesn't even love him trying to get attention! He's on a lot of GM forums bad mouthing whatever the forum topic is. When you answer the sick little twerp, you give him his jollies for the day. When he reads the come backs, he has one hand on his mouse and one on his unit! Since no girl would be with him, he has to get his somewhere! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would agree with that wholeheartedly
Old 12-12-2004, 11:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Randy W:
This idiot... who's mother... He's on a lot of GM forums bad mouthing whatever the forum topic is.... on his unit! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Randy: You need help....That what people fantasize about and make referance to is usually something that they lack themselves. Given your frequent mention of my unit and my mother can only mean that you lack one of your own. Perhaps you should go to some forum that helps people such as yourself that deals with issues of gender indentity or sexual orientation. BTW: What other GM forums am I on? I'd really like to know. Ult. GTO is the only other forum I log onto.