WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 11-09-2004, 02:32 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

The November issue of Road & Track is having a voting for the best car of 2005. The GTO didn't even make the ballot slip. The G6 GT did. But not the GTO. What does that say to GM?

WAKE UP BOB CLUTZ
Old 11-09-2004, 02:32 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

The November issue of Road & Track is having a voting for the best car of 2005. The GTO didn't even make the ballot slip. The G6 GT did. But not the GTO. What does that say to GM?

WAKE UP BOB CLUTZ
Old 11-09-2004, 05:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Gee, whadda ya know. The '05 Mustang GT is on there.
Old 11-09-2004, 06:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Oh god, here we go again.

Motor Tend also published an article bouting an 04 GTO against a 05 Sting. What does that say?
Old 11-09-2004, 07:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dreamingmuscle:

WAKE UP BOB CLUTZ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't it about NEW models? THe GTO isn't a new model but the G6, Corvette and Mustang are all new models.
Old 11-09-2004, 07:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Some people should actually read the REQUIREMENTS for being considered.

This year, we have simplified the voting process for the Road & Track Readers' Choice Award: The Best Car 2005. What's changed is that there will only be one round of voting to decide the winner. The Road & Track staff has compiled a list of candidates on the following pages with brief impressions and technical specifications. The rule is the same on how the new cars can qualify as a candidate. All the models must be all-new or have significant upgrades. Each must have a manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) of less than $100,000 and carry a 2005 model year designation. Of course, having above-average performance and handling, pleasing design, and being both space- and fuel-efficient are important too.

The 05 GTO doesn't qualify because just updating the engine isn't enough. But then again, those who are INTELLIGENT enough to figure that out.....well, then again, I did read the article and the RULES, unlike most here.
Old 11-09-2004, 08:15 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I could personally give a rat's ass what Road & Track think about cars ... GM or otherwise. Just a bunch of sell-outs sucking on the tit of whomever gives them the best advertising and related press. Car & Driver ... same. I lump them all together. It's about business and subscription numbers, nothing else.

Mike M
Old 11-09-2004, 08:55 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

1968 Motor Trend Car Of the Year:

Pontiac GTO
Old 11-10-2004, 12:54 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Okay, so one of the major mags got it right .... 37 model years back :-)

Mike M
Old 11-10-2004, 05:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr_GTO:
Some people should actually read the REQUIREMENTS for being considered. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now don't go confusing some of these folks with the facts...
Old 11-10-2004, 07:40 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Champ:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr_GTO:
_Some people should actually read the REQUIREMENTS for being considered. _ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now don't go confusing some of these folks with the facts... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey it has hood scoops as a option. That should count shouldn't it.
Old 11-10-2004, 03:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Newsflash!!!!!!!!!!!
It didn't win last year when it was on the list of 23 either. Didn't make the top group. Just the facts......

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=1206

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:06 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

You'll pardon me if I chose to NOT pay much attention to a magazine that picked the Subaru Impreza as the winner ??

Mike M
Old 11-11-2004, 10:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeah, hate to have a car with some leading edge technology......

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:17 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

David, I get the impression you like to argue for the sake of arguing....

Those WRX cars are great rides - for that price, and that performance, I tip my hat to them. But as for technology, I'm fine with 500 horsepower pushrod single cam engines.

Mike M
Old 11-11-2004, 02:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>David, I get the impression you like to argue for the sake of arguing... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
No. But I don't mind replying. As you did. Are there some rules that apply to me that don't apply to you?

Old 11-11-2004, 04:00 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

David, lighten up a little ... I'm just having fun with you.

I don't take car boards all that seriously .... It's something I enjoy, to include the people and the conversations.

Mike M
Old 11-11-2004, 07:54 PM

look, i dont even know why there is a "war" going on about the GTO. look. if you like it, you like it, if you dont you dont. seams prety simple, but every one makes it so messed up. I'm not even going to state what i want because i know it will be put down no matter how i stand. why compare? get what you want. if you want a lot of power with cofortable riding area. get a GTO. if you want a balls out speed machine. get a cobra and supe it up. it all depends on what you want. so stop the war and just agree on your differences. peace
Old 11-12-2004, 06:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>David, I get the impression you like to argue for the sake of arguing....
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
What was that? Lighten up? Me? I'm havin a ball. You guys need an opposing point of view.

Old 11-12-2004, 10:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gohip2000:
look, i dont even know why there is a "war" going on about the GTO. look. if you like it, you like it, if you dont you dont. seams prety simple, but every one makes it so messed up. I'm not even going to state what i want because i know it will be put down no matter how i stand. why compare? get what you want. if you want a lot of power with cofortable riding area. get a GTO. if you want a balls out speed machine. get a cobra and supe it up. it all depends on what you want. so stop the war and just agree on your differences. peace <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh to be a newbie!

At least DJ repsonds with good arguments unlike some others who only hand out insults when they can't respond intelligently.