THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 06-16-2021, 04:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default An early Happy Father's Day

FATHERS' DAY 2064

It is Father's Day 2064, somewhere in what passes for rural America. A party is being held for an octogenarian by his family.

After dinner, desert, and cake with one candle (global warming constraints), the son, a "youngster" of 50 looks at his Dad, and quietly jerks his head toward the barn.

The old man smiles, and says "Well, why not! Come along kids".

The old man, the son, and the three grown grand-children, all boys, arise from the table; and head for the barn.

Traffic in front of the house is quite heavy, but there is no sound. Internal combustion engines have long been banned. Suddenly, from the street, there is a loud crash. Subsequent electronic investigation consisting of scanning the IAD (Individual Activity Device) implanted in the wrist of each of the individuals in the "drivers seats" would reveal both were texting when the EAP (electronic auto pilot) in each of the SGTD (small group transportation device) did a reset. Fortunately, no one was injured.

The old man, the son, and the three grand-children continue on to the barn. The old man has slowed noticeably in the last few years, but is still able to walk without a cane. When they reach the barn, the son slides open the large door, revealing a large dusty blob of gray material.

The old man tells the boys "Boys, GENTLY roll back that cover". They did so revealing a triple black 1964 Pontiac GTO.

"Grandpa, what is that, and where did you get it?" cried one of the boys.

"That, my boy, is a CAR, from an era when cars were important. This particular one is a 1964 Pontiac GTO, the dawning of the Muscle Car Era. My Grandpa bought this car new in 1964. He dated my Grandma with this car, and actually proposed to her in the car. When Grandpa passed, the car was handed down to my Dad, and when he passed to me."

"They actually sung ballads about the GTO. Look it up on your IBE (individual brain enhancer); and this is the GTO's 100th birthday."

To his son "place the lever in neutral and push it out in the driveway". While the GTO was being pushed into the drive, the old man went into a different room of the barn, and came out with a six-pack of Mason quart jars containing a clear liquid (gasoline was banned several years earlier), which he poured into the gas filler neck.

Once the GTO was in the driveway, the old man reached in his pocket, took out a key, and opened the drivers door. He then handed the key to his son, and said "son, you do the honors, this will be yours before you know it".

The son slide behind the drivers seat, and turned over the engine Rrr, Rrr, VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

One of the kids says "Grandpa, what is that wonderful sound?". "Son, that is the sound of a Pontiac tripower engine! 348 horses just waiting to run".

To his son (who had driven the GTO before) "son, take the kids around the block".

As the GTO motored around the block, with an ear-splitting scream that turned heads for blocks; older neighbors came out of their houses and waved then presented "two thumbs up" to the happy kids.

Once the block had been circled, the son brought the GTO back to the drive, and sadly, it was pushed back into the barn, and covered.

The old man, the son, and the grandchildren then walked back to the SFHD (single family housing device), and the thrill was over.

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!

"The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one given to you by your neighbor".

If you truly believe that "one size fits all" try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!

Owner of The Carburetor Shop, LLC (of Missouri).

Current caretaker of the remains of Stromberg Caburetor, and custodian of the existing Carter and Kingston carburetor drawings.

Last edited by carbking; 06-16-2021 at 04:29 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carbking For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2021, 09:35 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

The Model “T” of future generations, I’m afraid. Glad I’m livin’ the “good old days “

Old 06-16-2021, 10:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

I don’t buy into ANY thoughts about the future, being fed to us now.

Please don’t make any comments about the above sentence, just leave it be...

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
The Following User Says Thank You to 77 TRASHCAN For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2021, 01:16 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

When I read "a six-pack of Mason quart jars containing a clear liquid"

I thought, well... you know what I thought.

Happy Fathers Day!
Frank

Old 06-17-2021, 07:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4zpeed View Post
When I read "a six-pack of Mason quart jars containing a clear liquid"

I thought, well... you know what I thought.

Happy Fathers Day!
Frank
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE5pM1HXxlI

Clay

The Following User Says Thank You to "QUICK-SILVER" For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2021, 04:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hope you all have a happy Fathers Day

Old 06-17-2021, 04:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Happy Father’s Day!