Old 09-02-2008, 10:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 66 Bonne Jim

Hey Jim, Just wondering if you have the new carb and have tried it yet, What did you end up buying?
Bill

Old 09-02-2008, 09:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bill - good to hear from you. Based on your testimonial and others I went with the Pro-System Dominator. Patrick is a great guy to deal with. Sent him my specs and he sent me a carb. Finally got around to getting the carb on the Catalina just recently. Only made a couple of short test drives but I like it so far. Other than adjusting the idle a bit I haven't had to touch it, ran great right out of the box. We'll be running it Saturday at an 1/8 track for our first competition with the new carb. Really anxious to see what it does at the track. The carb seems like a monster, hope it's not too big. I have practically zero hood clearance since the carb is not only taller than my old one but is also sitting an a two inch high adapter.
I've got a 65 hood off a parts car so I'll probably put a scoop on that one and use it when we race.
Thanks,
Jim

65 Catalina sedan. Allen Thomas Performance 495. KRE Heads at 310cfm ported by SD Performance, ProSystems Dominator carb on ported Victor intake, P-Dude custom grind hydraulic roller, MSD ignition, 3.50 Moser/Ford rear. F-Glass front bumper by son Rob, rear by the old man and joint effort for trunk lid. 3950# w/driver. Best of 9.5761/139 on 175 shot, 6.01 /114 in 1/8.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Dominator- schwing! When I had my dominator on the car without a spacer it was close, didn't imagine there was 2 inches left. Good Luck!