Old 04-04-2021, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taktikian View Post
62 what did you use for switched 12volt ? I assume the tach lead could be from the coil. Am I correct?

Yes, tach lead from the coil. Switched ignition can be tapped off any wires that get 12v with the key in the run position. In these era GM cars, that will be the heavy gauge pink wires on running from the ignition switch. Another option might be an ign output on the fuse panel, but test with a meter to be sure you get voltage when needed.

The reason we used this setup was the RA4 cammed, iron headed 468's modded quadrajet was running lean as soon as the secondaries opened up and would lean out so bad by the middle of 2nd gear it would fall on it's face and cut out. After going elec pump, regulated at 6psi it was like a whole different engine in all regards.

Last edited by 62posbonny; 04-04-2021 at 01:11 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to 62posbonny For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2021, 06:53 PM

Default Electrics for fuel pump

I actually am in almost the exact circumstance. My 464 round port falls on its face after about 5500 , then recovers after a moment or two. Need the electric info because I am converting to Tanks Inc. EFI setup. The Carter 6122 simply cannot do the job. Thanks again for valuable info. Paul

Old 04-04-2021, 09:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by taktikian View Post
I actually am in almost the exact circumstance. My 464 round port falls on its face after about 5500 , then recovers after a moment or two. Need the electric info because I am converting to Tanks Inc. EFI setup. The Carter 6122 simply cannot do the job. Thanks again for valuable info. Paul
i think your plan is the best approach. that said, on the street, my carter m6907 has been fine with a round port e head 505 up to 5500 rpm.