Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 08-08-2021, 09:45 AM

So far that is what is happening to me with the Pontiac speed shop. Sure would like to see some kind of e-mail confirming my order ala Sumitt

Old 08-08-2021, 09:59 AM

Default Response on order

My bad, Randy from Pontiac speed shop just informed me they will be shipped out Monday. Really appreciate the service, Paul

Old 08-08-2021, 11:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

NGK spark plugs with tungsten are no more! Totally discontinued because China owns all the mineral rights . That’s right from NGK.

Best thing Americans can do is stop buying for a bit and let supply catch up. Otherwise we are gonna see crazy inflation and possibly stagflation like the 70s which is the worst case . Anyone else notice everything is kinda running Latrell to the 70s lately?

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!
Old 08-08-2021, 04:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I was told when I called AMES that my interior kit would take ten months or more to fulfill. I went ahead and made the order but then I started looking on ebay. By searching different part vendors I was able to put together a complete Legendary kit for less than Ames quoted me and got it all in about 2 weeks. You can get this stuff you just gotta pound the ground for it. I was told I would never find an AC Delco encoder motor for the transfer case for my Z71 by the parts pro at Scenic Chevrolet here in West Union SC. I searched on every search engine I could think of and then on a search engine called Duckduckgo I found one being sold by a Chevrolet dealer in TX. I didnt have to pay but 48 dollars more than my local Chevrolet place was asking for the back ordered part

Old 08-09-2021, 04:29 PM

My wife has owned an auto glass business for 25 years and is having trouble getting glass. As an example square body Chevy/GMC trucks one supplier has no stock and no ETA on when they'll get stock.

Old 08-09-2021, 05:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by brodad View Post
My wife has owned an auto glass business for 25 years and is having trouble getting glass. As an example square body Chevy/GMC trucks one supplier has no stock and no ETA on when they'll get stock.
Wow that's a common one too. Least out here it is. Zillions of square bodies still on the road out here and we go through windshields in Arizona like a copy machine goes through paper.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE
Old 08-09-2021, 05:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64speed View Post
I was told when I called AMES that my interior kit would take ten months or more to fulfill.
Yep, Ames posted to their Facebook page on Saturday that both Legendary and PUI interiors are about 6 months out minimum, and in some cases 12 months out. It's due to lack of materials, and workers to assemble them.

I need a bunch of new interior stuff for my '66, so I called this morning to inquire. Fortunately, they still had two pairs of black Legendary bucket seat covers, and two headliners w/sail panels on the shelf. I ordered them immediately, along with some other items. Unfortunately, the bucket seat padding from American Cushion Industries is on back order. Not sure how long that will take.

1966 Pontiac GTO (restoration thread)
1998 BMW 328is (track rat)
2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited (daily)
View my photos: Caught in the Wild
Old 08-09-2021, 05:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Dad ordered his seat covers from Legendary a few months ago. They are due in next month.

Old 08-09-2021, 06:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I picked up a windshield and door glass for my 70 Firebird at Phoenix Pilkington last Friday. The order took over a month to fill, and I'm still waiting on my rear glass, which is supposed to be transferred from their Ohio facility. Was told that there are raw material shortages, and that because the warehouses are short handed, transfers and the like are taking a lot longer than usual.

Old 08-10-2021, 02:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I talked with Lunati earlier this week about a Pontiac Voodoo cam I ordered back beginnng of May. THis was my 3rd call since late May. On earlier calls the tech told me they expected some cores by mid-July then August. When I talked with him this week he sounded depressed and said he had no idea when they would see any cores, probably not before 2022. I've tried venders who are small and in out of the way places around our country and no one had my Voodoo cam on a back shelf. Finally hit on eBay and on day 2 found a vender with a new Voodoo 703 with lifters, brand new. I wanted a 704 but felt that since most of my car's use wil be street the 703 would work. I ordered it and it should be here by Friday. Will have a friend ((retired) who had a great shop) check the cam out for me for problems.
I have a set of HY-Lift Johnson lifters I got from Paul K last year so am good there. Will put Lunati lifters aside for now.

(Am worried post #43 may be onto something. Arggh, I hated the economy in the '70's.)

"No replacement for displacement!"

GTOAA--https://www.gtoaa.org/
Old 08-10-2021, 03:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ebay has been a lifesaver for me. I am hoping I can wrap this whole car up in the next 18 months. When I went into this I had no idea what I was doing because I had never started from scratch. I was ordering things just as they came to mind in no particular order, just when I saw it in the catalog. Now I have a garage full of $h!t but it should be all I need to complete the car. The only thing that sucks is if any of it is defective I have those warranty issues of course but I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

Old 08-10-2021, 04:39 PM

I think the "High Performance" supply chain, is going to get worse before it gets better... Hold on to your dreams, hot rodders.....

Old 08-10-2021, 04:58 PM
Senior Chief

For me it’s Moog springs. Can’t find 5399’s at all or even a place that’ll backorder them for me.

Old 08-10-2021, 05:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ordered the Cometic .080" Headgaskets because Ebay says 2 in Stock. Upon Checkout the Shipping said 20 October. WTF. So i included a message and Ordered.

Cometic responded with a detailed MFG process and said 25-30 days. So the Spare 455 will wait.

Old 08-10-2021, 07:09 PM
Senior Chief

My buddy builds engines and is working on a Windsor Ford motor and the Holley carburetor needs to be rebuilt. He can't find a rebuild kit anywhere. Holley says they are not sure when the will be in stock. He checked Summit, Jegs, Speedway and all of the other vendors. No one has them in stock. He found one on Ebay for a $100 but he said he is not going to pay that much for a $39 kit. He will go through his stash and he will probably be able to find everything he needs. It is amazing what is in short supply or no supply.

Old 08-11-2021, 05:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just called Ames for a set of door weatherstripping for the Tempest. Was told would be about 9 weeks or more. Again got on eBay and found them with a simple search.

Old 08-12-2021, 07:08 PM

Default Goatzilla

Amid all the delays and unavailabilities I just wanted to give a shout out to Randy @Pontiac Speed Shop. Had my full floating Molnar Rods a couple of days after ordering.

Old 08-12-2021, 10:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64speed View Post
Just called Ames for a set of door weatherstripping for the Tempest. Was told would be about 9 weeks or more. Again got on eBay and found them with a simple search.
Shucks I got all my weatherstrip from NPD and had it in a couple days. Matter of fact, just ordered roof rail weatherstrip this morning and already got a tracking number, be here Saturday.

Old 08-12-2021, 10:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo69bird View Post
NGK spark plugs with tungsten are no more! Totally discontinued because China owns all the mineral rights . That’s right from NGK.

Best thing Americans can do is stop buying for a bit and let supply catch up. Otherwise we are gonna see crazy inflation and possibly stagflation like the 70s which is the worst case . Anyone else notice everything is kinda running Latrell to the 70s lately?
You mean the Jimmy Carter days….

Old 08-13-2021, 05:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulajones View Post
Shucks I got all my weatherstrip from NPD and had it in a couple days. Matter of fact, just ordered roof rail weatherstrip this morning and already got a tracking number, be here Saturday.
I hate to say this but Ames used to be my go to despite the shipping cost but not anymore.