THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 09-01-2021, 08:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

No complaints here, they are by far the fastest to ship. As far as tech support I usually ask the specific manufacturer not Summit

Old 09-01-2021, 09:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCMDGTO View Post
As far as tech support I usually ask the specific manufacturer not Summit
100%

Eric

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

“The mind, once stretched by a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions.”
Old 09-01-2021, 09:49 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I order online but if there is an issue with the product or delivery it is pretty much impossible to reach someone on the phone and get a timely resolution. It used to be that I could call and get help right away. No more….

Don

Old 09-01-2021, 10:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
My tech people are right here on this forum

They are slow as heck and don't speak very good English but they know their stuff
I do agree that my best tech guys are right here on these forums. however ,I don't agree with the slow and English part. I have been helped more times than I can remember on here.
Most of the time guys answer back pretty quickly, and explain in detail how to find or fix my issues.
You WILL NOT find better Pontiac tech anywhere else.

Dave

The Following User Says Thank You to dhcarguy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2021, 01:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elarson View Post
100%

Eric
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCMDGTO View Post
No complaints here, they are by far the fastest to ship. As far as tech support I usually ask the specific manufacturer not Summit
Same here. The thing I miss the most is Summit always made the directions for every product available in PDF format. That's gone now...

1978 Black & Gold T/A [complete 70 Ram Air III (carb to pan) PQ and 12 bolt], fully loaded, deluxe, WS6, T-Top car - 1972 Formula 455HO Ram Air numbers matching Julep Green - 1971 T/A 455, 320 CFM Eheads, RP cam, Doug's headers, Fuel injection, TKX 5 Spd. 12 Bolt 3.73, 4 wheel disc. All A/C cars
The Following User Says Thank You to FrankieT/A For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2021, 08:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Only problem I had with Summit was a few years ago, pre-covid. I ordered a Pypes exhaust system. When ordering, one specifies which mufflers they want. The shop had a heck of a time trying to get things to line up correctly then realized that the mufflers had the wrong inlet/outlet. When I called tech support they were very helpful, however since the system I bought was a 'package deal' I had to send the entire thing back for an exchange! Which was already hooked up under the car. I ended up having to buy a new set of mufflers only. I wasnt too happy about that ordeal but otherwise they have been pretty good.

Old 09-02-2021, 10:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I rarely buy from Scummit... I am lucky enough to have an awesome speed shop 1.5 miles from me. I know him very well, do his AC work, and swap my time doing his service and installs for parts! His pricing is the same as Scummit in most cases and less in some. I know dozens of guys that support him religiously.

Old 09-03-2021, 08:30 AM
Senior Chief

I've not had any problems with Summit, but I know what I need from my own research and then order online. Recently, however, had to get a replacement Aerospace rotor from Jegs (summit doesnt sell it), and I should have just driven the hour to get there. They didn't package it at all (Stuffed a shipping label on the cardboard sleeve it came in.) Not a big surprise when it arrived empty and a gaping hole in the paper tape used to close it. I called, explained the situation, AND how to avoid it. next one arrived, partially out of the cardboard sleeve. It had been dropped and nicked pretty good. I didnt have the time or inclination to call and ask for yet another, knowing full well it was the last one on the shelf, and I had an event coming up. IF you put a less than stellar review on a product, they will "moderate" it even though you are telling the truth!

64 F-85
72 4-4-2 Mondello's VO Twister II
84 Hurst/Olds #2449
87 Cutlass Salon
54 Olds 88 sedan
Old 09-08-2021, 11:01 AM

Kinda sad to say but it seems everything is getting so dumbed down! From customer service to peoples general attitude and the propaganda from the talking heads. I miss my Country I hope someday we return to some sanity for my kids sake. But something is telling me those days are gone forever. Brian

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 455abody For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2021, 08:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Sounds like after how you described the packaging or lack of on the first order for an hour drive I would have went to pick up the second one. I have driven further for less.

Old 09-09-2021, 09:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

If you're busy on the floor with paying customers that are in person, that comes first before the phone. That's pretty much how it works at any store I've been in. They'll answer calls but you'll immediately be put on hold while they deal with the line of paying customers at the counter, and that's how it should be. Every time I've been in Summit, they were pretty busy on the floor.

I don't have any problem with Summit, other than I've noticed a lot of items are out of stock that usually aren't. But that's the case with most places these days anyway.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE
Old 09-09-2021, 09:33 AM
Senior Chief

Sad to say the B Movie "Idiocracy" has a lot of truth in it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to padgett For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2021, 12:14 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Wink

And Shijune001 has way too much time on his hands.

Old 09-09-2021, 01:26 PM

So true on the movie idiocrazy Mike Judge must have had a crystal ball..Lol

Old 09-17-2021, 04:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I use Ames for all my repro type stuff and Summit or Rockauto for the generic parts. Honestly I always assumed that Summit was like Rockauto with zero service. The way I see it Rockauto is so cheap that I accept that every now and then I'll get a wrong part and just eat it. The local autoparts stores around here are very expensive and honestly the guys who work there generally don't know bugger all about 60's cars anyway.

1969 LeMans Safari 2 seat Wagon
1969 GTO (2 Cvt, 2 Hardtops & Judge Hardtop)
1969 Catalina (3 Cvt’s & a 2dr hardtop)
1969 Ventura 2 Seat Wagon
1969 Executive 4dr Sedan
1969 Bonnie Cvt
1969 Bonnie 3 Seat Wagon (2 of them)
1969 Bonnie Brougham (4dr Hardtop & Cvt)
1969 Grand Prix SJ (2 of them)
1969 2+2 2dr Hardtop (Canadian model)
Old 09-17-2021, 05:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
It’s a shame what they have done to Summit. Of course they didn’t reduce prices along with all the savings they generated getting rid of all their people.

Don
Imports from Taiwan, and shipping now cost more. Notice prices of non car stuff?