Old 09-19-2021, 09:44 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I believe that there are at least 2 manufacturers that make Rallye II wheels. Even though the Coker group owns both SpecialtyWheels and the Wheel Vintiques companies. They were acquired at different times and are run as separate businesses. Coker Tire (another company owned by the Coker Group) does not distribute wheels made by Wheel Vintiques but they do distribute wheels made by Specialty Wheels which was the earlier acquisition.
Btw, the Coker family are no longer owners in Coker Group businesses. They sold out a few years ago.

From what I've read, the SpecialtyWheels have better quality paint than the Wheel Vintiques wheels do. In photos, the dark gray centers appear to be more correct too. I am considering purchasing a set of 15" painted SpecialtyWheels wheels from Coker Tire for my '69 GTO. I still want to do more research though.

'55 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe - Ram Jet 350 / T56 Magnum 6spd, Restomod Completed Sept. 2012, Sold Sept. 2021 PHOTO
Old 09-19-2021, 01:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78w72 View Post
find a used set & paint them yourself or have a local painter do it. will be much better quality paint & paint job.
Or a local powder coater.

"No replacement for displacement!"

GTOAA--https://www.gtoaa.org/