Old 07-24-2021, 02:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 1964 Tempest Series Convertible

Pretty car, but I’m not sure what model it started as ?

The quarter panel GTO plate is to low.

Also, the antenna location is to far forward, plus the antenna base is different.

Great colors !

I would love to see the engine bay on this car.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4CF5AAC1-858A-45A1-A2A2-C022B782C68D.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	570345  

1) 65 GTO Survivor. 43,440 Original Miles. “Factory” Mayfair Maize Paint with Black Pinstripe, Black Cordova Top, Black Interior, OEM Numbers Matching Powertrain. Purchased from the Lady that bought it new. Baltimore Built (11A).
2) 66 GTO Survivor. “Factory” Cameo Ivory Paint with Red Pinstripe, Red Interior. OEM Numbers Matching Powertrain. Tri-Power (OEM Vacuum Linkage), Automatic "YR" code (1759 Produced). Fremont Built (01B), with the Rare 614 Option.
Old 07-25-2021, 01:35 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Yes, I agree that is a nice looking car. It reminds me of the quick story my father enjoys telling about when he saw the first GTO in the retail/residential neighborhood we lived in back in 1964. My dad says, "I was driving down 165th St. (in the Bronx) and Angie who works at the hair salon had her new Burgundy 1964 GTO coupe parked outside. It was so beautiful I had to stop and see it!"

Every once in awhile when my father mentions that moment you can hear the passion those cars brought out.