THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 08-13-2021, 12:17 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

So sorry to hear of your wife's passing. I know the feeling, as I lost me wife of 35 years several years ago. God has a plan and you now have an angel in heaven to watch over you. It's very hard for you to understand what has just happened but be strong and keep your faith. We'll keep you and your wife in our prayers.

Old 08-13-2021, 12:53 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

You're stronger than you think Bob. Just admitting you're scared takes a lot of courage some claim to have, but never back up. Opening up to folks on this board takes more strength than you know. She is at peace and she is with her maker. You will see her again someday.

Who needs nice and pretty, when you can have mean and nasty?
KRE Aluminum headed 463CID 73 LeMans. Used to run 10.6x @ 124.55. 3700lbs
So much for 2020...shootin for 9s in 2021...and in 2022 apparently.....looks like 2023 as well.
>>My 73 Build thread
Old 08-13-2021, 01:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdbob View Post
I just got awake after sleeping for 4hrs(dr gave me minor sedative) the 'quiet' without her noise is something I'm missing,almost scary. Can I handle this? Right now I can but I'm scared. She took care of me when I had minor sickness, sinus infections,stomach ailments. What is in store for me? Never liked to be totally alone. I have support from friends locally that knew us and worked with my wife.One woman when i told her went into histerics, crying no,no. The creator has a plan I know , he wouldn't just leave me ,us alone he has something else. I'm missing her so. Please hug your families now no matter what the problems. Our 2 cats Mr Boots and Sneakers know something . I'm sorry for being so weepy but missing her so that I never knew before. This is happening to me.Thank you for listening. There are so many with more serious medical issues suffering I know. God Bless you all .
Bob,

I DO know what you are going through.
It's been one year and three months plus 2 days since I lost my "Earth Angel".

I will tell you this, lean on Jesus, He IS your greatest strength.
Without him I would not have made it this far. One day at a time.

Charles
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Millie & I 1999.jpg
Views:	537
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	571315  

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Old Goat 67 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2021, 02:34 PM
Senior Chief

Bob,..Prayers sent for you and family...so sorry.
Charles,....I'm always thinking of you.......
I have to believe the plan is their, we just don't know it

Old 08-13-2021, 02:57 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Goat 67 View Post

One day at a time.

Charles
That's how you do it. Sometimes even just one moment at a time. But somehow you get past each one.

https://youtube.com/shorts/gG15nb4FWeo?feature=share
Old 08-13-2021, 07:53 PM

Bob, you and your wife are in my prayers. When you hit those periods of sadness and fear, please think of all of the good times that you had together. Take care.

Pat

Old 08-13-2021, 08:32 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I hope your doing okay tonight. I don’t have any advice- just hoping for the best.

Old 08-13-2021, 08:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hoping that a calming breeze finds Brother Bob tonight.

Old 08-14-2021, 03:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Just got awake. Seems 3 am is the time. The silence,the darkness now for me isnt comforting. I'm scared plain and simple.However our faith has always been strong so I'll work through this and be better. Yesterday went well. Still a lot of crying, shaking. Had physical support from friends with food and words in person.Got a haircut bought new suit,shirt,tie shoes. My old sport coat,suits were 30yrs old. Something told me to get a knew suit,I believe it was my wife! This is what she would want as she dressed very nice but neat. I use to say to her your really look nice. Her look was very important to her. I'm again thankful for all you understanding. I'm just hurting so,I been told you need to go through this as part of the grieving. This may last ,as far as time could be a year. I try to stay focused one day at a time,one step at a time. I never new how much I would miss her,the little things. Again thanks for your support. I may need this for awhile and I'm sorry for taking all this space. please hug your loved ones today no matter the problems, you may not have another chance, I know and its bothering me ,did I do enough,should a could a.

The Following User Says Thank You to sdbob For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2021, 06:13 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

While we don’t all know what you are going through, we understand it and appreciate the fact that it helps to talk about it.

We are all pulling for you- keep the updates coming.

Old 08-14-2021, 08:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hang in there and be strong. It's been two and a half years since I lost my wife. She had cancer but by the time it was detected, she was gone in five days.

There will be a lot of second guessing about what you should have, could have or did I do enough to show her how much she meant to you. Try not to dwell on it too much. As another member mentioned, you fulfilled your oath you made with her and God.

I know you feel lost right now, I know I did. I practically wore a path in my tile floors just pacing, thinking about what I was going to do next.

Try to keep as many people around you to talk to. Don't make any rash decisions on your cars, house or property until some time has passed.

Keep busy, do not sit around and feel sorry for yourself, Lord knows I did and I lost considerable amount of weight I didn't have.

The next few months will be hard, no doubt, but it looks like there are many members who have had similar situations so lean on us!

God bless you!

My angel in heaven!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200304_200359712.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	571342  

Old 08-14-2021, 10:23 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Old 08-14-2021, 10:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thank you all. I'm in a daze.crying ,ok , crying, ok then just seeing the little things she did for me. I thought I was strong. May god bless all of you. Hug your love ones today.

Old 08-14-2021, 11:41 AM

Peace be with you Sir.

Marc

Old 08-14-2021, 01:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

I'm praying for comfort and strength, in this time of need for you and family. Been there, on thinking I had strength. Our only strength comes from the Lord, and he explains, in his word (bible) that these times will come. (Ecclesiastes).

As you thankfully told us, if we live our lives in God's preparedness ways, it's the best effort we can put worth, and then rely faithfully on his promises for everything in our lives!! Many refuse this instruction, but it's our choice.....

You've given us all a great example of how to live our lives, mostly, Be Prepared!!!
Thanks!!!

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
Old 08-14-2021, 01:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

First, sending thoughts of of a calming perspective coming for Bob.

I temporarily lost faith in God after second child loss. I had to come to a belief and knowledge that God, usually, is the "Non Intervening God". And a belief also, that in the time of passing, God is there with our loved one and all is good at that moment.

Old 08-14-2021, 02:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

We prepare for this all whole life. When its sudden it's hard, as now I know. I'm finding so many many things she did in her daily volunteering that I didnt know,from friends. So warming I'm comforted in that. We actually-funeral director -are trying right now to get the doves released at the grave site if co is available Tuesday. She saw the ones released at friends funeral back in spring. She said I want that at my funeral. Didnt know. I'm ok right now just cleaned litter box,washed clothes,drying clothes. Trying keep busy. We live out in country woods all around. I was sitting out front under tree when friend stopped and gave me a hug. He lost his first wife similar, 2nd engaged died suddenly also.giving some insite. Thank you all. I'm still spinning .I'll look back at offers here when I can calm down a little. Thank you

The Following User Says Thank You to sdbob For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2021, 02:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

"...mostly, Be Prepared!!!..."

Yeah, I always say it this way: "Stay Ready to Go ! "

We never know the exact moment we'll go. But, one thing's for sure. Unless the "Rapture" happens while we're still living, we're all gonna die, eventually.

For those who've read my story, you know of my 18-wheeler wreck, back in 2004. That could have easily been the end of this life, for me.

While in the hospital, I had plenty of time to think about death. I got to thinkin: "What if I'd died in that wreck ?".

Well, for me, the answer to that question was VERY comforting. Since I'm absolutely certain I'm a "Born Again" Christian, there was no doubt in my mind that if I'd died, I'd have woke up in Heaven.

No, I wasn't wanting to die. But, if I had died, I'd have actually been MUCH better off, especially at that time. There would have been no pain. Plus, I'd have been able to experience all the good stuff in Heaven. Would have got to see all my relatives & friends who were there. Would have got to visit with the Bible characters I've read about. Best of all, would have got to see Jesus, & probably hear him speak/preach.

I mean, think about how much better heaven is than this Earth. Heaven is better, BY FAR !!!

Yeah, if I'd been allowed to think about it, I'd probably have felt bad for my wife & family, back on Earth, who might be grieving for me. But, I don't know if those in Heaven can know what's happening on Earth, or not.

Now, if you know a person who has died was NOT Born Again, now that's something to grieve about !

So, while we're still here & able to talk & pray, we need to pray for the lost people we know, look for opportunities to share the Gospel with them, and/or pray that God will send others to them with the Gospel message that they'll receive. We can also pray for & support ministers & ministries who are trying to reach the lost, with the Gospel.

Anyhow, for you & all others on this forum who are grieving for someone who has passed on, I too have prayed for ya'll, and believe that the God of all comfort is comforting you, & will continue to do so, during this time.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...4&version=KJ21

Old 08-14-2021, 03:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bob, I just sent you a private message. DO call the number I sent you. It's in your best interest to do so. There's help on the other end and he's more than willing to talk to you. I think. LOL

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 08-14-2021, 07:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

When my father passed away, my mother told me "The way I get through this is I think about how your father would be telling me how to handle this." He would say "I'm gone now, but it's only for a little while and we will be together again soon. We had a wonderful life together so be strong. Think of the good times we had together and look forward to the day when we are together again." That's what makes me go on, knowing that with each day that passes, I am another day closer to seeing him again.