THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 03-10-2024, 11:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Progress looks great!

Definitely sounds like this project will take a back seat for a while. Moving will eat you up for a while but I'm confident you'll get settled again.

The Following User Says Thank You to Shiny For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2024, 08:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

In preparation for our move I'm getting the house as organized for the new owners as possible (whomever they end up being).

Using the 3d printer to print up tags for all the pipes, wires etc. I just zip tie them on. In some cases double sided tape to the wall.

Yes I love this 3d printing thing, feeds my OCD perfectly
Red for electric, Yellow for gas, Silver and black for water etc. I'll be including the internet cable, antenna cable to the attic, network cables too.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tags.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	248.5 KB
ID:	630658  

Old 03-21-2024, 05:17 AM

You're out of control with this stuff! LOL

Shame you're retired and weren't younger and still in the work force and inclined to consider relocating to the NH seacoast.

I've been interviewing candidates for a career in Mechanical Design/3D Printing since January. Fantastic opportunity for someone who wanted to learn and be on the most forward cutting edge of the evolving technology.

Finally found & made the right person an offer last week- so the job posting is now closed- but I think you would have been a great fit and enjoyed the role immensely.

-Bill

1965 GTO (Black) TRIPOWR
464CI TriPower 4-Speed

1965 GTO (Blue) 3X24SPD
464CI TriPower 4-Speed
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3X24SPD For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2024, 06:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

There are certainly a lot of young guns out there that love this stuff. Right now there seems to be somewhat of a division in the field .. there are people with great skills in 3D design on the graphics side but not much natural aptitude on the engineering side, and then Engineers without much natural aptitude on the creative side.

The Gaming industry sucks up a lot of the talent as most games these days are functionally just complex physics simulations with words and art added. The artistic guys end up having to develop a feel for the physics and realism so they can design game elements that work like real life.

Most everything starts with the 3D model ... then you make it "do stuff"

Yes sir I would have loved it. I was a "Nuke" in the Navy where I got my background in engineering, physics, chemistry, metallurgy and from moment one wanted to design my own devices and systems. But .. Que, sera, sera ... no looking back now

Still Nerd enough to appreciate the vote of confidence.

Old 03-21-2024, 06:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I still do side work ... at present I'm working on a 3d model and texture material for some special effects in a short sci-fi film. Here is a render of the model superimposed on a still frame from the film ... it will all be blended together by the film editor at some point. These days video editors can render 3d models/materials directly into a video and manipulate them, light them etc. All I do is create the model, the exterior texture/material and send it to the editor who then does all the fancy stuff making it fit seamlessly into the video.

My advice to anyone 50 years old right now ... learn the new technology, whether it's the latest computer OS, smart device, phone, navigation aid, machine shop app, or CAD ... stay reasonably current with the technology. I hate to see people end up like my parents in their 80's with no clue about how to function in a modern world ... you have to stay current, you have no idea what technology that today seems irrelevant that tomorrow will run half the world.

Old 03-21-2024, 10:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

This explains everything. Only an alien could do what you do...

I just finished a couple "senior classes" about current issues in technology and AI. Technology change used to be fast... now it's accelerating at a staggering rate. Materials science, bio-tech, manufacturing, software, agriculture, energy, you name it, there's a revolution in progress.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Fast.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	630762  

The Following User Says Thank You to Shiny For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2024, 01:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Excellent, had no idea there was such a thing as classes to familiarize age enhanced individuals with new technologies.

Sometimes the great wisdom and experience we obtain kind of crowds out the trivial knowledge

And yes I just coined the term "Age Enhanced Person".

Old 03-27-2024, 01:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Had a few minutes of spare time to fill ...

Had to happen eventually ... GTO Key Fob, about 6" long.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	GTO-Key-Chain.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	284.7 KB
ID:	631171