Old 01-27-2023, 12:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post

How many other guys run a 8 second NA Pontiac with D ports ?
You indirectly implied Jim ran 8's in the quarter mile.

Quote:
I am thinking about a thread or post from not too long ago.

He did do the 320cfm pair of 48s that made 871 HP. Not sure if it had any power adder but you would think it could have.
You backed up your false statement, but implied maybe it was 8's with a power adder. Also blaming your incorrect post on brain fog.

Quote:
slowbird, I am simply thinking out loud , trying to figure who has done it. It has been done, iron heads in the 8s.
Now you say you never made an incorrect statement, because once somebody does run eights your false statement will become factual.

Quote:
Might have taken a light car, so what. The Butlers had some guy do it years ago with D ports;

Dan had a guy who could run 8.90s with his RAIVs a long time ago too..
Now your saying other guys (but not the guy you said) ran in the eights, so your false statement should really be considered accurate.... even though it was false.

Quote:
Jim has been 9.39 with 96s. That a pump gas head.
8s are possible with smaller chamber, more CR and lighten the car up. Or real close to it.
Now you are fantasizing about what someone else should do so you don't have to own the false post you made.

Quote:
But for some reason you want me to admit I am wrong.
^^^ THIS! Wouldn't it just be easier to own that you were wrong about Jim running eights.... Then you could apply all that waisted time towards getting your Hot Rod running so you don't miss another season of racing.... Just saying.

Old 01-28-2023, 01:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It's pretty easy to get around 250 at .550 out of iron heads. I have ported many sets. Lower lift numbers are strong and they make good power. I have a set of 48 I did years ago that hit a bit over 270 and that was ten times the work for 10 percent more flow. The port needs to match the combination.

Old 01-29-2023, 12:47 AM
Senior Chief

Jim Robertson or Dan Barton 100%

Old 01-29-2023, 04:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
You indirectly implied Jim ran 8's in the quarter mile.

You backed up your false statement, but implied maybe it was 8's with a power adder. Also blaming your incorrect post on brain fog.

Now you say you never made an incorrect statement, because once somebody does run eights your false statement will become factual.

Now your saying other guys (but not the guy you said) ran in the eights, so your false statement should really be considered accurate.... even though it was false.

Now you are fantasizing about what someone else should do so you don't have to own the false post you made.

^^^ THIS! Wouldn't it just be easier to own that you were wrong about Jim running eights.... Then you could apply all that waisted time towards getting your Hot Rod running so you don't miss another season of racing.... Just saying.
You mad bro ?

Old 01-29-2023, 05:00 AM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
slowbird, I am simply thinking out loud , trying to figure who has done it. It has been done, iron heads in the 8s.
Might have taken a light car, so what. The Butlers had some guy do it years ago with D ports;
Dan had a guy who could run 8.90s with his RAIVs a long time ago too.
But for some reason you want me to admit I am wrong.

Jim has been 9.39 with 96s. That a pump gas head.
8s are possible with smaller chamber, more CR and lighten the car up. Or real close to it.
Fact # 1: The Butlers DID have a guy who could give you a 262-265 cfm head (head after head). With that 265 cfm head the Butlers could run very good times (for that period), BUT THE BUTLERS ALSO RAN HIDDEN NOS ON THEIR ENGINES. So the Rodney/David Butler 265 cfm heads that ran in the 8s ran there because of several reasons. Spray, light weight, good cast iron heads, lots of track time.

Fact #2: The man has since passed on (years ago).

Aluminum Heads from Edelbrock was Jim Butler's solution to not having the cast iron employee's porting skills available.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tom Vaught For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2023, 05:07 AM
Boost Engineer

Few know more than bits and pieces of what really occurred in the early Pontiac/ Butler
Days. I believe Dan Whitmore was another guy with a lot of talent, just like Butler's guy, AND Barney Mahovitz, AND Mr Robertson.

Tom V.

Hope I spelled Barney's last name correctly.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tom Vaught For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2023, 10:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
You mad bro ?
No Sir. Just trying to keep PY from turning into PZ. Also don't mind giving you tips on time management. That's what this site is for. Pontiac folks helping Pontiac folks.

Hope you get the Hot Rod done. Two missed season's is a percentage of time lost.

Last edited by PAUL K; 01-29-2023 at 10:36 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to PAUL K For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2023, 10:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
Few know more than bits and pieces of what really occurred in the early Pontiac/ Butler
Days. I believe Dan Whitmore was another guy with a lot of talent, just like Butler's guy, AND Barney Mahovitz, AND Mr Robertson.

Tom V.

Hope I spelled Barney's last name correctly.
I remember when Whitmore's top guy was going up against Rodney Butler in a final round. He was suspicious because the Butlers kept pulling their car into the trailer to work on it.... He opened the door to the trailer and found the "hidden" nitrous system.

Round ports run faster than d-ports "for a reason".

Btw... It's Moravits. Barney Moravits