THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 08-24-2022, 09:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Most of the "incidents" started with folks hunting close to their property. For whatever reason they not only fenced it in to keep the deer on it but didn't want anyone hunting withing close proximity to it.

They had cameras EVERYWHERE, so showed up very quickly if you got close to any of the property lines. At the beginning they would just fire dozens of rounds to scare you and the deer off. As things escalted they started shooting into the trees over your head, then into the ground close to you. They even fired a rifle round about 3' over the head of a bow hunter while he was sitting in a tree stand recently. The also "booby" trapped several tree stands on other folks property if they were situated close to theirs. Once cutting most of the way thru a safety chain, another time hiding needles on the ladder rungs so they would puncture your hands as you climbed. They even set a ground blind on fire and burned it to nothing. Of course when I say "they" we can ony assume that it was them, they never got caught, investigated or charged with any of these crimes.

Of course it goes without saying that ALL trespassers were stopped, held at gunpoint and at least one was shot during an altercation that followed.

The incidents became more frequent and more violent. Once their father passed away which was maybe 2 years ago things escalated very quickly and finally someone got one of them on film pointing a gun at him making death threats.

Once charged and jailed Randy just figured he could threaten the Judge presinding over the case, the Prosecuting attorney, and any lawyers involved with death threats. That didn't work out so well and he ended up sitting in jail without bond.

No one is exactly sure who, when or why they revoked the no-bond thing and let him out, but he removed the monitoring device and threw it in one of the neighbors flower beds, then went missing.

Local Law Enforcement knew that at some point effecting his arrest was going to be a blood bath. So no one really blames them for trying to breach the compound and start a stand-off, but it was just going to happen anyhow. The bail bondsman was about to loose $80,000 so he went the compound and got his truck all shot up for his efforts. That was the catalyst that set things in motion and it turned out exactly how everyone living up here knew it was going to.

All of us living up here are glad it is over, which was obvious by their reaction when the news came across the scanner that there were slumped over in the side-by-side and not moving. Anyhow, on to bigger and better things and I can put my "ruck" back in the gun safe. I've been armed to the teeth traveling about my property since this whole ordeal started............
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1836.jpg
Views:	742
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	597134  

73 Ventura, SOLD 455, 3740lbs, 11.30's at 120mph, 1977 Pontiac Q-jet, HO intake, HEI, 10" converter, 3.42 gears, DOT's, 7.20's at 96mph and still WAY under the roll bar rule. Best ET to date 7.18 at 97MPH (1/8th mile),

Last edited by Cliff R; 08-24-2022 at 09:48 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cliff R For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2022, 12:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

WOW! My crazy neighbor of 20 years was tame compared to those guys. He liked to open carry on his driveway while angrily ranting and raving among many other incidents. When they moved away, it was high-fives with all the neighbors!

I wonder if it was suicide by cop. Imagine if it was two guys in a propane truck vs. troopers in an armored vehicle.
Another news link: https://www.nbc4i.com/news/local-new...lved-shooting/

Old 08-24-2022, 01:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sweet kit you have there, love that.

My guess is they were feeding deer, doing everything they could to attract the deer and felt that people hunting on the edge of their property were scavenging off their efforts rather than setting up a good distance away.

Most people just live with that sort of thing rather than shooting people. If it's not your land, not much you can do about it. My 12 acres has been surrounded on two sides by basically 100 acres of abandoned land for 30 years. Couple of years ago someone bought it, built a little hunting camp and immediately put up Keep Out signs every 20 feet around the whole thing. Evidently paranoid that people might infringe on his borders. Pretty typical for newbie land owners, after a few years they realize the threat to their property is not nearly what they imagine it is.

I have a neighbor that barely talks to me because about ten years ago I let him put up a tree stand on my property ... around four years after he put it up I was walking the trails and noticed it, forget I ever let him do it, took it down, put it next to my shed (in plain sight) he came knocking one day when my wife was home, asked who's tree stand it was by the shed, she had no idea of course. He took it home, next time I saw him I told him I completely forgot about letting him do it, and the stand had no name or anything on it. He's been very distant ever since ... not sure what he thinks, obviously I wasn't trying to steal and conceal his stand ... but, people get strange about hunting for some reason.

Old 08-24-2022, 01:38 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Cliff...I can't imagine living next to that for any period of time.

1970 GTO (Granada Gold) - 400 / TH400
Old 08-24-2022, 07:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It was just something we dealt with. I was armed all the time anyhow and here on my place I kept at least one extra weapon in the side by side any time we ventured out, usually a long gun. Kind of a PITA because I have grandkids with me about half the time, but absolutely and for sure I wasn't going to end up in a scenario where everyone was pointing guns but me!

I'm actually being somewhat "reserved" with many of the comments and stories. If I let it all out the info quickly goes into the "you just can't make that chit up" catagory!

Kind of funny but I just got back from a "soft opening" at a new Pub about 2 miles from here. Ran into quite a few people that know me and many were asking me about the shooting,, and literally had no idea all this was going on out this way for so many years, or at least the extent of it..........

73 Ventura, SOLD 455, 3740lbs, 11.30's at 120mph, 1977 Pontiac Q-jet, HO intake, HEI, 10" converter, 3.42 gears, DOT's, 7.20's at 96mph and still WAY under the roll bar rule. Best ET to date 7.18 at 97MPH (1/8th mile),
Old 08-25-2022, 12:58 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Hard to believe with this going on for years that someone didn't take them out. As easy as it was for them to take shoots at people into the trees and ground. Somebody could have taken aim and ended some of the issues years ago?

Old 08-25-2022, 01:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Luckily most people are more civilized than these psychos.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scarebird For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2022, 01:16 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I'm not implying that I would do such a thing. Definitely know a few people who would not tolerate this and retaliate.

Old 08-25-2022, 06:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It was talked about it on occasion but then you put yourself at their level and also risk spending the rest of your life in jail even though you were doing the community a huge favor.

They also stayed behind the high fence and in the compound most of the time, and very seldom seen during the day. It wasn't like you would ever go over there and see someone out throwing stick for a dog, or cutting grass, etc. The only way you would see one of them is if you ventured too close to their property and they picked you up on camera.

My very first encounter with them was also in 2003 a few weeks before they came in where I was bowhunting and fired dozens of rifle rounds from 40-50 yards away. I was going down Ghilcrest road and passed their "compound" and saw two bucks fighting in a field on the same side of the road. I stopped the truck and got out to get a closer look. I wasn't stopped 2 minutes and a Chevy Blazer came rushing up behind me and pulled over. This guy jumps out and started asking what I was doing. I told him I was watching two bucks fight and also if he was the Game Warden? He stepped back for a moment and said no. He wasn't nice at all, but calmed down some when I told him I just moved in and was driving around the neighborhood. The conversation was brief and we both left after our short echange of words.

At that time I didn't know who he was and didn't learn about their exploits till after the shooting incident bowhunting. From that point on my guard was up and I NEVER went anywhere without being armed to the teeth and made it a point to avoid their compound at all costs.

One also has to remember that 20 years ago the encounters with them were less often and less violent. They begin to happen more often and more violent as the years went by, then they really escalated two years ago when their father passed away. Most likely he was keeping them at bay, but that's just a guess on my part........

https://www.nbc4i.com/news/local-new...Qhe02tDOGhH1q4

PS: I'd like to see some pics of the seats in that armored vehicle.......I'll bet the two SWAT officers greased them up some when those two rifle rounds hit right in front of their faces!

Old 08-25-2022, 07:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Were they crazy or sane to think they could intimidate law enforcement?

Old 08-25-2022, 08:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

They avoided being charged and prosecuted for years even though their exploits became more violent and more often. I feel lucky at this point that the two incidents I had with them in 2003 were relatively "minor" in comparison to what happened in recent years.

For the most part local LE considered them a "thorn in their side" and avoided confrontations with them because they knew full well it could and would very quickly turn deadly. Then when LE did nail them down they made death threats against all of them figuring in some twisted way that would help somehow?

No one is sure how or why Randy was let out on bond after it was revoked, BIG mistake obviously. He cut off the ankle bracelet, tossed it in my neighbors flower bed, and went missing. While "missing" he that there would be bloodshed if LE tried to apprehend him, and obviously he tried to make good on that threat.

We are all thankful here it ended quickly and without injury to anyone else. I've never seen so many LE vehicles and officers in one place at any time. What puzzles me is why they chose to leave the safety of their "bunkers" and make escape in a side-by-side. That decesion was pretty much "suicide by cop".....IMHO. They could have jumped into a couple of propane delivery vehicles and really raised havok on LE, but instead got into a vehicle with little if any protection from incoming rounds.

https://www.10tv.com/article/news/lo...QWEXrBxSrY8SsU

Old 08-25-2022, 10:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff R View Post
Anyhow, on to bigger and better things and I can put my "ruck" back in the gun safe. I've been armed to the teeth traveling about my property since this whole ordeal started............
Nice pistol! What brace are you using? I'm building a 10.5" setup and "need" a brace. It'll be my first short barrel build, so gathering opinions on setups.

I'm glad the chit storm is over for you. I'm all about neighbors doing whatever they want, and if that means fencing in their entire property that's cool with me. It's not cool to be confrontational with other neighbors, especially to the point where they're sending shots across the bow. Hopefully your new neighbors are a little less crazy lol

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National
The Following User Says Thank You to 72projectbird For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2022, 11:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66sprint6 View Post
1000 firearms. Now that would take up some space.
An old guy in my hometown owned around 1,000 firearms and probably had 200,000 rounds of ammo. Name a firearm; Floyd had at least one on hand. When he died, it took three pickup trucks to haul away the firearms and the ammo. He had a couple of weapons I would have liked to have purchased.

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 08-25-2022, 12:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

"Nice pistol! What brace are you using?"

Thanks!

The "pistol" kit was purchased from Palmetto Armory along with the 10.5" upper. I opted for their "MOE" option to get the higher end hardware.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/ar-1...stol-kits.html

I prefer the "classic" builds with the standard handguards. The "meat grinder" stuff is popular, but you don't have a front sling mount so right out of the box you are chasing down custom parts to finish the build.....

Old 08-25-2022, 12:40 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

What a crazy story. Is the mother of these f@cktards still alive?

Unfortunately there are probably more of these citizen "compounds" out there than we think.

1966 GTO Hardtop - PS 14.84 @ 97mph
Old 08-25-2022, 01:25 PM
Boost Engineer

Hopefully this deal will not instigate another Ruby Ridge, and Oklahoma Truck Bomb type revenge by others.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_Ridge

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 08-25-2022, 04:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think the "Compound" folks are fine long as they behave like good neighbors. To each his own within the law and common decency. During a Zombie Apocalypse they are good people to know

Old 08-25-2022, 10:35 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartazoo View Post
What a crazy story. Is the mother of these f@cktards still alive?

Unfortunately there are probably more of these citizen "compounds" out there than we think.
There are...there are also a lot more Muslim compounds than most know about.. there is one about 30 miles from my house.. I know the ups guy that delivers there.. no one is ever allowed in..
I took a ride to see for myself.. it is 100% fenced in and has armed guards ( fully legal) ...
It's not just crazy white guys with compounds...

Old 08-26-2022, 12:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

"What a crazy story. Is the mother of these f@cktards still alive?"

She survived and was removed from the house after a brief standoff shortly after her sons were killed. She threatened to shoot anyone who came it, but ended up surrendering peacefully.

I've been told she is in very poor health and has memory problems.

I personally don't care if anyone has a "compound" or belongs to a "group", cult, etc, as long as they do as mentioned above...."behave like good neighbors".

These two needed to go away, and no one up this way is going to miss them!.......

Old 08-26-2022, 12:34 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff R View Post
I personally don't care if anyone has a "compound" or belongs to a "group", cult, etc, as long as they do as mentioned above...."behave like good neighbors"....
AGREE, Cliff.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.