Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 11-11-2022, 05:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Jegs ebay store is horrible

I have ordered a Amd 69 gto bumper off jegs ebay store and its a nightmare. Purchased on the 4th of November with free 3 day shipping. Paid through paypal and was supposed to arrive the 8 or 9th. When it didnt show shipped on the 8th I sent a message to see when it would go out, I get a reply saying ebay hadnt sent any purchase info. I contact ebay and they said it was sent and the only way to resend was file a complaint when it didn't show on the 9th. I sent a screenshot of the order number to jegs ebay consultant with no responce. Filed a complaint on the 9th that has gone unanswered. Looks like as of now I have to wait until the 17th for ebay to get involved and refund me. I will NEVER do buisness with Jegs again. Spent close to 5 grand with them this year alone. Never had a problem with summit and will only shop them now. Buyers beware ! I sent multiple messages to them with 0 responce, horrible customer service.

Old 11-12-2022, 08:54 AM

Wow, that is terrible. Perhaps they have "abandoned" their Ebay store due lack of sales there. In terms of having someone, in a cubicle, somewhere, maintain it. Not excusing them, by any means, but am of opinion not much sells there (Ebay) anymore.

Old 11-12-2022, 04:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Jegs was sold about a year ago to a private equity group, GreenBriar investments. Like the dozens and dozens of long time family owned, performance businesses, it won't take long for them to totally ruin decades of hard work and dedication. It's all about ROI now, customers mean nothing. Looks like this happened pretty fast. Buyer beware now for Jegs.

Old 11-13-2022, 12:12 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Sounds like more of an ebay issue...which I have experienced with other vendors. Since the order originated with ebay, your recourse is with them when the original PO is AWOL. Jegs/vendors won't fulfill an order based on a screenshot.

Why didn't you purchase directly through Jegs (assuming you have with $5K of previous purchases) and avoid the middle man/communication problems? I'm guessing it was the free 3 day shipping?

FWIW... haven't had any issues with ordering directly with Jegs, but I usually wait until I have enough parts to meet the free shipping threshold. I do prefer Summit in general though.

1970 GTO (Granada Gold) - 400 / TH400
Old 12-03-2022, 03:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It sounds more like an eBay problem to me.
I have had very good service from Jegs. Recently I got a Jegs branded distributor for a 289 that stopped working after two test drives. Called tech and they agreed it was faulty. They emailed me a return tag and as soon as they got it back they sent me a new one. If I had been in a hurry I could have bought another one and gotten refunded on the first one but there was no hurry. I try to not use eBay if I can order directly from the vender instead. I’ve also found that phone calls work better than emails.

Old 12-13-2022, 03:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

We got some not-so-good news at PRI from a parts manufacturer.

Jeg's got bought by an investment group.
They dumped a lot of the Ohio employees.
Moved the call center to Africa ("Steve" has a funny accent).
They are stocking less inventory and expecting the manufacturers to drop ship more product.

That particular manufacturer (and likely others) are favoring Summit and Motor State for product inventory, because they don't like the drop ship costs.

Hope this brings some clarity,

Eric

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

“The mind, once stretched by a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions.”