THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-17-2023, 12:34 AM
PY VIP

Kirban Nitely thoughts...

a quick answer to some of the questions....back in the early days I got hooked up with a Pontiac dealer They would hunt down parts and stash them for me on credit. One time I had alot of original brushed aluminum ralley I trim rings think part of the part number was like 1580? probably those antenna masts as well. I member also getting hold of 10 or 12 fitted 455 blocks brand new from GM. This was also back in my towing days so I had a lot of connections back then. Yes our house at 1482 sugarbottom road had originally had a 2 1/;2 bay attached and prior to even moving in we had a 5 bay built at the bottom of our property and my father in law was in the paving business so he did a huge drive way. You could probably part 25 plus cars on the driveway and never hit the lawn. The house we rented prior had at least 6 bays and I still rented another two bays from a neighbor who was an older single woman who did not drive . Today at our house I have a pole bldg heated patrolled by 2 cats with a lift fits 5 or 6 cars easily. driveway goes around the bldg as I never wanted to have to back and truck and trailer up as I did alot of cars back in the day buying them and bringing them here on a trailer....I was younger then. May be hard to fathom but I have bought and sold over 325 of the 1986/87 turbo regals and over a dozen real GNXs....bought and sold them and would go as far as the Mississippi river to bring them back. All under my friends dealer license. Now I just sell them for old time customers for a fee. Last 2 GNX s i sold had miles on them both fetched 6 digits...

your health is your wealth

The Following User Says Thank You to dennis kirban For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2023, 12:14 AM
PY VIP

kirban nitely thoughts.....

I eventually placed an ad in Hemmings Motor News to sell my 1967 firebird 400. I think I priced the car around $3500. I had a buyer fly out from Chicago Illinois. Real nice guy who happen to have a 67 6 cylinder Firebird. I explained before the test drive he would find my car a tad bit quicker than his firebird....he was impressed to say the least. He bought the car and I believe he drove it home. He was such a fanatic Illinois he even got the same vanity tag A MOVER. We became good friends and would correspond over the years. On one of my trips to buy a Grand national i stopped to visit him. more tomorrow nite!

Old 01-18-2023, 02:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Dennis, as you transitioned from the GTO to the GN world, I straddled both and still have one of each. Many fond memories of driving to Sugar Bottom Road to pick up parts and attend events. The Plumsteadville Buick events were the last events I remember attending.

I remember buying your last Qjet (for my GTO) and a bunch of GN parts in the basement. Later, during a divorce the GN went bye bye with the Ex, but I kept the 70 GTO. It was my Grandmothers car and she bought it from Cathcart Pontiac in 71. The first owner traded it in on a 71 because he wanted A/C.

In 2016, my Dad passed away unexpectedly (he was also a longtime Kirban customer) and I ended up with his 87 GN (only 17k miles).

I miss the events and the excellent parts and special/unique goodies for our cars that were part of the whole Kirban experience.

Between my Dad and me, we bought at least a half dozen sets of Kirban "GNX style" wheels for our GN's, and I used a few sets on my 2nd Gen Birds including my 76 Formula which I still have (with the wheels!).

I still enjoy your posts on the Buick sites and pages, a lifetime of experiences and great stories to share with us.

Old 01-18-2023, 02:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis kirban View Post
Kirban Nitely thoughts...

a quick answer to some of the questions....back in the early days I got hooked up with a Pontiac dealer They would hunt down parts and stash them for me on credit. One time I had alot of original brushed aluminum ralley I trim rings think part of the part number was like 1580? probably those antenna masts as well. I member also getting hold of 10 or 12 fitted 455 blocks brand new from GM. This was also back in my towing days so I had a lot of connections back then. Yes our house at 1482 sugarbottom road had originally had a 2 1/;2 bay attached and prior to even moving in we had a 5 bay built at the bottom of our property and my father in law was in the paving business so he did a huge drive way. You could probably part 25 plus cars on the driveway and never hit the lawn. The house we rented prior had at least 6 bays and I still rented another two bays from a neighbor who was an older single woman who did not drive . Today at our house I have a pole bldg heated patrolled by 2 cats with a lift fits 5 or 6 cars easily. driveway goes around the bldg as I never wanted to have to back and truck and trailer up as I did alot of cars back in the day buying them and bringing them here on a trailer....I was younger then. May be hard to fathom but I have bought and sold over 325 of the 1986/87 turbo regals and over a dozen real GNXs....bought and sold them and would go as far as the Mississippi river to bring them back. All under my friends dealer license. Now I just sell them for old time customers for a fee. Last 2 GNX s i sold had miles on them both fetched 6 digits...

Who has owned more GN's, you or Brain Weaver?

Old 01-18-2023, 11:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Dennis, is that the same house at 1482 Sugarbottom Road as when you had the car show with Linda there?

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 01-19-2023, 12:14 AM
PY VIP

Kirban Nitely thoughts....

Not sure what what year but I placed an add in Hemmings Motor News advertising my Firebird....a buyer flew out from Chicago. turns out he had a 6 cylinder 67 firebird...one quick blast down a 4 lane highway and he was hooked on my car. He bought it....can't member if he drove it ome or sent a truck for it. later would call me and even managed to get Illinois plates that was the same A MOVER. Super nice guy. A some point I asked him what he did. He said he owned a company called electric windings and he made the windings for Williamson pinball machines...pinball machines today are quite collectable. he said any time your out that way to cal lhim so we could meet up.

Maybe 8-10 years later on one of my trips hauling back a Grand National I called him. he had a huge farm with a big pole bldg. Inside the bldg must have been 150 or more pin ball machines probably n numerical order all restored plugged in the floor and working. I was stunned. Plus the only car in the entire bldg was my ram air Firebird...he never ever bought another collector car in all those years.

I felt honored....

more years passed maybe 2-3 years ago I get a call from a camaro collector in arizona turns out he bought my firebird and had no idea who I was or how rare the car was. I told him that car is extremely rare and well known in the firebird world it is on a poster in a book and in a magazine article.....asked him how he got it. He bought it from my buddys wife as he passed away fell off a ladder from what I understand and died...sad....

today? I have no idea where it is car still had low miles on it appears my buyer never really drove it much. Sad in real dollars firebirds always seem to lag behind the values of the Camaros for the 67-69 years...

will have one more short story on this same car perhaps tomorrow nite.....

My mother in law passed away last Saturday and funeral is this Saturday....and I got get my speech together. I would go visit her every like 10 days in the nursing home. Two things you never hear or see in a nursing home.....laughter....and men.......sad

your health is your wealth....Mother in law was 94 years old and still had her memory Both my parents have been gone now 10 and 12 years.....

Old 01-19-2023, 11:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Sorr to hear about your mothers-in-law's passing Dennis. My condolences to your wife and you. May she RIP.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 01-19-2023, 03:31 PM
Boost Engineer

94 was a great accomplishment for her to reach in the world today.

May she rest in peace with your Mom and Dad.

Tom Vaught

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.

Last edited by Tom Vaught; 01-19-2023 at 03:41 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tom Vaught For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2023, 07:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sorry about your wife losing her mother, and your loss in that too.
94 and still had her gears turning smooth was an incredible accomplishment.

Old 01-19-2023, 10:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Kirban Nitely thoughts....

I told him that car is extremely rare and well known in the firebird world it is on a poster in a book and in a magazine article.....

I still have that poster on a wall in my basement...

70 Formula RA III / M21 / Lucerne Blue / Bright Blue
Old 01-20-2023, 10:31 PM
PY VIP

kirban nitely thoughts.......

one more quik story about my 67 Firebird 400. Before I sold it I was contacted by Automobile Quarterly who produced some top notch hardbound car books and big full color wall posters....I had just sold a 1979 original ram air 3 Judge to a friend of mine. They wanted to photograph my firebird and the 1970 GTO Judge for their new posters....they came to my house on sugarbottom road....it was fall the leaves where turning the sun was setting the photographer picked a great location on sugarbottom road about 1/2 mile away. We took both cars down and they started to take photos In about 10 minutes a locla cop show sup saying someone called to report 2 cars blocking the road. Once we explained to the cop he understood we were hardl yblockign the road....just goes to show you some neighbors can really cause problems!!!!

Your Health is your wealth

PS I normally do not post on weekends as I have to prepare my mid week inner circle to my members plus football games!

Old 01-28-2023, 01:08 AM
PY VIP

Kirban Nitely Thoughts....

Been extremely busy as I do a weekly inner circle to over 3,600 members plus post on like 4 or 5 Buick forums frequently. had a very very strange thing happen the other day with the end result I bought several 1967 GTO items something I not done in years buy GTO parts. One item in particular I am not selling just yet. In all my years in this business at most I have only seen 2 of these related to the 1967 GTO....any guesses to what it is? Member I been at this game since th late 1970s.

Here is what I got figure give my readers here and on other forum lst crack.. open to offers all 67 GTO parts from what I am told one used timing chain cover, one used ralley clock 4 close to mint dog dish wheel covers, set of 20 red repro red ralley II lug nuts a used quadrajet #7043303FS is on it a distributor #111250 wire has been cut at base. Make an offer for all this gets you the best deal. email me denniskirban@yahoo.com

take a wild guess as to what I got doubt as a reader you ever seen one. I got plans for it. The seller had sold his GTO think he got a cool 50 grand for it. At first he had no idea who I was...

I will tell you the story in next post. How it all came about a weird set of circumstances.

I have this well known artist that has done work for GM Ford and Chrsyler going to start shortly on doign a 3 car picture 64 coupe 65 hardtop and 66 convertible. 64 will have spinner wheel covers 65 ralley Is and probably guessed 66 Hurst wheels. I member many years ago Hurst wheels was not readily accepted on national events for stock judging....didn't hurt my sales of them.

On a side note for a dealer I am getting a car from who deals in warminster and also works for the local township in some capacity anyhow he knows my involvemennt with Hurst...turns out their currentl yis discussion finally after al lthes eyears of erecting a historic sign in front of the Hurst building by the road sayign this is the original home of Hurst etc. Rite now any signs you see all involve George Washington and his troops sleeping in various places...actually Hurst without township permission one nite they had and old house torn down on their property that reportedily washingtons troops stayed in!

The hurst building now is over twice as big company bought it back in 1985. They make alot of the various ice cream containers for all the major brands... I met with the CEO years ago as I had the original blue print for the building....they stil get shifters in once in awhile to get rebuilt.

end of tonite ramblings..... make offer on the parts they need a new home....

Old 01-28-2023, 01:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Wild Guess - A tonneau cover for a Convertible ?

I vote for the Hurst wheels to go on the 65 , R1's on the 66

Old 01-28-2023, 09:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Zeppelin View Post
Wild Guess - A tonneau cover for a Convertible ?

I vote for the Hurst wheels to go on the 65 , R1's on the 66
I agree completely. Why do my Pics go upside down??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0444.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	606180  

Old 01-28-2023, 12:30 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
... In all my years in this business at most I have only seen 2 of these related to the 1967 GTO....any guesses to what it is? Member I been at this game since th late 1970s.

take a wild guess as to what I got doubt as a reader you ever seen one.
red fender liners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhcarguy View Post
I agree completely. Why do my Pics go upside down??
Here you go
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0444.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	606188  

Old 01-28-2023, 04:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper Judge View Post
red fender liners?

Here you go
How do you do that??

Old 01-28-2023, 04:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Rare Part???
I never seen a factory correct 2BL carb for a 1967 GTO

Old 01-29-2023, 11:36 PM
PY VIP

kirban nitely thoughts.....to bring everyone up to speed..

The year Linda Vaughn was at the one show we did was at our new house in Kintnersville we live next to our son who has his body shop at his house.....other side of his property is a 200 year old cementary so noise has little affect on those residents... I have a good size heated pole bldg that I work out of . As to the 1967 part that no one has guessed here is another clue. In al these years I have only seen 2 of them. It is not a specific part for a 67 GTO but is highly desireable for any 67 GTO owner.

On another note in a car transaction turns out I know this guy and he asked me about Hurst as he knew I knew alot about Hurst turns out he has something to do with the Warminster township where the Hurst bldg is located. It appears that they finally will erect some sort of sign in front of the bldg noting it was the home of Hurst! Most signs in that area signify where George Washington and others slept. Ironically on the Hurst property which Hurst torn down without permission was a hue old stone house where reportedily troops slept during the war with England.

Today the Hurst bldg is more than twice as big. Company that bought it back in 1985 circa make the special containers for ice cream. I bene there a few times to talk to the suit and tie guys and every once in a while someone sends them a shifter to get rebuilt!

Amazing story....next time will give answer on the 67 GTO item and it involves a million dollars and a weird set of concidences and how it came about.

Old 01-29-2023, 11:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

More Wild Guessing -

NOS Pontiac Tall Hood Tach

NOS AM-FM Radio

Pretty cool that the ice cream shop can rebuild those shifters .