THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2023, 11:16 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72projectbird View Post
Not at all. This site wouldn't be anywhere near as popular as it is if the members weren't bringing knowledge and invaluable information to the table. Having met a decent amount of members here in person, you quickly realize this site is built upon some amazingly smart people, who definitely make this site what it is.

Just so we're all on the same page, I have no problem with donating. I do have a problem with members trying to force others to donate, and have a pretty big problem with paid memberships.
Having been online since last century on various guitar/music forums, the general attitude I've found is if you don't have to pay for the knowledge, then it gets devalued, and expected from some entitled members. I know they aren't popular now, but there used to be this thing called magazines & newspapers. You paid a monthly fee to read what they researched and printed.

I find sites like these pretty helpful, so I'm willing to pay a monthly fee. I'm a member of various music/guitar related forums. I've gotten some pretty lofty titles applied to my knowledge and my products.

I still pay the monthly/yearly fees, even though I contribute a service/advice, testing, that are not found with most other manufacturers in my field.

I suppose I could try saying "But I contribute so much, and you couldn't get this testing, intel, specs, yada yada, etc. anywhere else..." I shouldn't have to pay!

But I pay, nonetheless, despite all those things because someone has to provide the site, servers, etc for me to dispense the information available here. It's no different here to me.

I realize others don't feel that way. Fine. But I still think you should donate, period, end of discussion.

With that I'll bow out of this thread.

Old 01-27-2023, 12:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The opening statement of this thread is bull shiit. Ashamed? What is this a dick measuring contest?

Old 01-27-2023, 09:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dblnkldude View Post
The opening statement of this thread is bull shiit. Ashamed? What is this a dick measuring contest?
We buy their Products, provide feedback, and they too have been better off for this Forum.

Old 01-27-2023, 10:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dblnkldude View Post
I feel like there's been a lot of that going around lately. I mean, just look at the response I got above your post. Jesus!

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National
Old 01-27-2023, 11:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

OK, that's enough.

Closed Thread