Old 01-25-2023, 10:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Rally II and Wheel spacer

I am taking my 72 lemans from strip/.street to 100% street. I am use to seeing 11" tires in the wheel wells.
Do rally II's center with the lug nuts or center hub? I was thinking of using a spacer to bring the tire out to the wheel lip a little (maybe 1/4 or 1/2).
Anyone use spacers on stock wheels?

Old 01-26-2023, 12:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

I was informed here, that the Rally II do NOT center on the hub.
I've wanted to experiment around and look at this myself.
One of the very knowledgeable members here, can't remember his name, posted about this. He has late 70's "F" body stuff. He's been involved in other stuff lately, and hasn't posted much for a while.

The Rally II'S are stamped, some how into form. No machining is done on the drum/disc side of the wheel to make an accurate pilot surface for the hub. Not sure what the manufacturing ideas were, BUT drilling the tapered seat lug stud holes, concentric with the circumference of the tire mounting surface was likely similar (and easier) than any other way of making those wheels.

I still like the idea of having the hub, in its location, even if it does nothing. My TA came with Rally 2's. They've been the best wheels I've had on the car.

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
Old 01-26-2023, 02:07 AM

Personally I’d avoid using wheel spacers.

For safety’s sake buy some wider or different offset wheels and do it the right way.

15x7” Rally II wheels with 275/60s fill up the wells pretty nicely and really don’t look too small or need to be spaced outward, here’s a ‘70 Tempest as an example:
https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com...15&postcount=5