Old 10-09-2022, 08:14 PM

Default 63 antenna wire routing?

My wagon came with no antenna installed. I have rounded up the pieces and understand how to mount the antenna but do not see where to feed the antenna wire from the fender to the inside of the car.

Thanks in advance,
James Q

1963 Bonneville Safari - Nocturne Blue, 4-speed
Old 10-09-2022, 11:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Antenna

Here is a picture of the antenna wire. Hope you can see it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	986C7320-AD31-4808-B8E9-2216D4920E7D.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	600184  

Old 10-09-2022, 11:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The above picture is sideways if you can't tell. Don't know why. The top is the outside of the car. The wire is forward of the hinge. Towards the front of the car. You can just see where the cable clips to the inside of the front fender. The clip is attached to the edge of a large hole in fender support. Just below the hole where the cable enters the body there is a (1&1/2"?) sheet metal plug where the harness I believe for the power window harness would exit.

Old 10-10-2022, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatracer1 View Post
The above picture is sideways if you can't tell. Don't know why. The top is the outside of the car. The wire is forward of the hinge. Towards the front of the car. You can just see where the cable clips to the inside of the front fender. The clip is attached to the edge of a large hole in fender support. Just below the hole where the cable enters the body there is a (1&1/2"?) sheet metal plug where the harness I believe for the power window harness would exit.
Thanks very much! I found the hole (with grommet) right where your picture shows.

James Q

1963 Bonneville Safari - Nocturne Blue, 4-speed