The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Old 10-31-2022, 12:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Sounds like you got a great deal on the car...that counts for sure!

Wow Hoov...what an amazing group you got going there

Old 10-31-2022, 09:05 PM

I only do restoration work and can confirm that there are far more hacks than actual technicians and hobbiest who do quality work. This is quite critical when it comes to metal work. Living in western NY, you would think there would be an abundance of people who would know how to repair, patch and weld thin metal. Unfortunately this is not the case. Most shops that do great paint do not have any metal workers. What most people end up with are cars that look great for a few months before they begin to bubble and crack. Last year I took a fresh painted car to blaster just for the undercarriage. Replaced trunk, frame rails and patched floors on a shiny turd. I hate getting asked to paint cars that someone else did repair work on. Actually I hate doing paint as it’s such tedious and time consuming if you want it to look spectacular. Good thing I only paint two or three cars a year.