Old 11-07-2022, 06:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default WS wiper motor restoration

Looking for a little help. Anyone on the forum had their ws wiper motor and linkage concours restored. Need feedback on someone reliable!!

THANKS

"Bill"!

Old 11-07-2022, 08:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Steve Hackel of Restoration Service for the wiper motor

http://restorationservice.net/?page_id=8

1968 GTO (Thanks Mom)
2006 Silverado
2007 Cadillac SRX
2015 Chevy Express

Old 11-07-2022, 08:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

THANK you. I will give him a call!!

"Bill"!

Old 11-07-2022, 11:04 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Evidence of his work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wipernew2.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	601863  

Old 11-07-2022, 11:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for the photo and thumbs up!!!!!

"Bill"!

Old 11-09-2022, 06:28 PM

So, while driving my 65 GTO to a show this last weekend, we ended up driving through quite a bit of rain >:-( and partway there the wiper motor just stopped, wipers halfway up the windshield.

Once we got there I was able to "re-park" the wipers down by hand, and after returning home I checked the fuse (fine), the dash switch and connectors (fine), made sure the clip from the wiper motor shaft to the arm linkages hadn't popped off (fine), and then removed and reconnected the wiper motor connectors in the engine compartment (appeared fine). After each step I tried the wipers, but only after the last engine compartment connectors disconnect/reconnect, it's working again.

Anybody seen this before? I have to say this is the first time I had to run the wipers for any length of time besides just testing them in the past, but it wasn't like the wiper motor overheated and then started working again after cooling down or anything. And I was very surprised to see them move again after my last disconnects/reconnects (all of which felt/appeared to be fully connected when removed).

I specifically came to this thread because I was just assuming I would need to reach out to someone for a rebuild, but now I'm not sure. I do know the bellows for the washer doesn't work and I've already gotten the parts to tackle that sometime in the future, and I'm not clear if I could buy a reman/replacement wiper motor from Ames and install a rebuilt washer on it or if I'd need to buy a whole new setup.

Thanks for any thoughts, I don't want to go out and get caught again with no wipers if I get caught again in the rain!