Old 11-07-2022, 11:54 PM
Senior Chief

Wow! That non-thermal clutch really made a big difference.

Old 11-08-2022, 09:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yep I think that's going to be my first go-to should I have any low speed overheating problems.

Old 11-22-2022, 03:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Non thermal clutch has no coil on the face.

The Following User Says Thank You to PunchT37 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2023, 12:16 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Update one year later….

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mook View Post
Let the car run 20min…. Once turned off it was so much pressure or I have too much antifreeze in the radiator…. I had to wait to cool off (even after relieving the pressure with the cap release) to open the Radiator cap the reading were directly above the antifreeze was about 150° while inside the car the gauge read close to 180°

Needless to say the temperature of 210° at idle concerns me as I attempt to go to the car show in Ocean City,MD next week….SMDH
With no other changes to cooling system, I purchased and cold case radiator from Chis personally at fall Carlisle, installed it last Monday and then I was off to Ocean City for the endless summer event. Halfway through the trek down Route 50 ( about 50 miles) I noticed temperature is about 165°… thought it was still earlier in the day ambient temperature was about 65 to 70°……. At the same point last year the engine temperature would’ve been about 180°……. and climbing, as my main issue with temperature was at cruise. After a tangle with a 69 big block, Chevelle and speed of 120+ my temperature never rose over 190°……. at the gas station the guy driving the Chevelle said he was doing 111mph when I went past him……(he had head-start)
The next morning we decided to do the boardwalk parade. We arrive at 27th St. at 7 AM just to learn the line went all the way back to the inlet 2.5miles. At the inlet there were four lines that would swell to nine …..that merged into one.

The drive at 2-5 mph for 5 miles, ambient temperature of 72°+ engine temp flirted with 200° once or twice, but any acceleration, no matter how
slight made the temperature immediately begin to drop….. I observed at least 7 to 9 cars pulled over on the boardwalk due to engine overheating!

I am proud to say that the cold case radiator REALLY WORKS! DEFINITELY LOWERED MY ENGINE TEMP!!

Thanks Cold-case!!!!!