67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 05-31-2011, 01:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

As I mentioned earlier, these rare 1969 RAIV Firebirds SHOULD be valued at what Yenko Camaros are valued at, somewhere north of $150K. They're not there yet, but there has definitely been a strong interest in the 1967-1969 Firebird 400 cars in the past 3 years. They were just undervalued compared to the rest of the market.

Barrett-Jackson had several 1969 Birds go across the block, and prices were $25K and up. And these were just base 400 hardtops. There was a base 400 ragtop, with engine mods, that sold for $38K, a 400 ragtop for $40K, and a 400 HO ragtop (without Ram Air) that sold for $75K.

I think the traditional collectors are finally realizing that Firebirds and Trans Am's are excellent alternatives to bread-and-butter 1969 Camaros. 10 years ago, you'd be lucky to get $15K for a Firebird 400 ragtop. In the past 3 years, they seem to be one of the very few models that have gone up in value significantly.

1969 RAIV hardtop 4-speed.....should be a $150K car depending on the market at the time.

BTW - did not know that info about the 69 RAIV Trans Am at Mecum having had body panel replacements. Still strong money for a 69 Trans Am at $135K! A more original car may have gone well over $150K.

Congrats on the purchase of the RAIV Bird, and looking forward to seeing it done!

My Bio: I am currently writing articles for POCI's Smoke Signals magazine and enjoy promoting and discussing the history of the Pontiac Motor Division.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:22 PM
Senior Chief

This is an awesome car .. Post pics if possible .

Old 06-01-2011, 10:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellyshavilli View Post
Hi Rick , thanks for the compliment. Its a great car and I'm very lucky to have it as you well know .
This silver car will now take the trip back to becoming a real ram air iv car again . Its going to a owner who will seek out the most correct and original raiv parts that are available and will do a outstanding restoration just as we have seen him do many times before .Congratulations and also hats off to Greg for having the ba**s to take on these rare and desireable projects especially when some guys on here have nothing to say but negative garbage about these cars because parts are missing or they have been repaired in some way and or make it their life mission to uncover anything they can about these highly sought after cars to feed their ego and their gossip page all while gutlessly hiding behind a computer screen .
yes well said! Those are the clowns bringing down the ENTIRE pontiac market IMO>

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!
Old 06-01-2011, 10:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNoun View Post
As I mentioned earlier, these rare 1969 RAIV Firebirds SHOULD be valued at what Yenko Camaros are valued at, somewhere north of $150K. They're not there yet, but there has definitely been a strong interest in the 1967-1969 Firebird 400 cars in the past 3 years. They were just undervalued compared to the rest of the market.

Barrett-Jackson had several 1969 Birds go across the block, and prices were $25K and up. And these were just base 400 hardtops. There was a base 400 ragtop, with engine mods, that sold for $38K, a 400 ragtop for $40K, and a 400 HO ragtop (without Ram Air) that sold for $75K.

I think the traditional collectors are finally realizing that Firebirds and Trans Am's are excellent alternatives to bread-and-butter 1969 Camaros. 10 years ago, you'd be lucky to get $15K for a Firebird 400 ragtop. In the past 3 years, they seem to be one of the very few models that have gone up in value significantly.

1969 RAIV hardtop 4-speed.....should be a $150K car depending on the market at the time.

BTW - did not know that info about the 69 RAIV Trans Am at Mecum having had body panel replacements. Still strong money for a 69 Trans Am at $135K! A more original car may have gone well over $150K.

Congrats on the purchase of the RAIV Bird, and looking forward to seeing it done!
Guys are getting tired of owning the same old cmaros and chevelles too and hearing Oh yeah my buddy owns or owned one of those too.
with rare birds and GTO's you dont have that problem as much.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammer-6 View Post
well said
that was my point exactly as I looked at the realistic numbers not some pie in the sky one.
why would this be worth more than a real #s RAIV TA?
IMO, because until the last few weeks (LOL) you see alot more RAIV T/A's than birds.

RAIV birds and T/A' s are VERY hard to value for apraisers, because they have no benchmarks to go by where Yenkos have a trail of bread crumbs a mile long!

The RAIV cars I have seen sell sold cash and kind of under the table this last one seems no different! This doesnt help the values, but I understand very much why they sell this way I have brokered a few for people myself.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:51 PM
Senior Chief

Gary,

Your Carousel IV is quite the righteous Bird as well. No doubt about it.

PS With all this round port first gen fawning....Lets not leave out PMD's "other" roundport beast. After all the RA 2 Bird was first....not to mention -faster- DOH! ;-)

Old 06-02-2011, 11:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i couldnt say for 100% that it is my favorite, but seeing how i have known it since it was new, it has to be in the top 5 of my favorites. for an unrestored car, it is in unbelievable condition.
as for the ra2 birds, i thihk they are the most disrespected car made. take minos car spanking everything there is and all the people want to do is find and excuse for how it could have beaten something instead of bowing down to it like they should.

Old 06-03-2011, 01:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscle_collector View Post
i couldnt say for 100% that it is my favorite, but seeing how i have known it since it was new, it has to be in the top 5 of my favorites. for an unrestored car, it is in unbelievable condition.
as for the ra2 birds, i thihk they are the most disrespected car made. take minos car spanking everything there is and all the people want to do is find and excuse for how it could have beaten something instead of bowing down to it like they should.
Now I'm the one who needs some clarification. When you say "known it since it was new", which one are you referring to?

Old 06-03-2011, 07:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transamric View Post
Now I'm the one who needs some clarification. When you say "known it since it was new", which one are you referring to?
His C-Red 69 RAIV Bird.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 06-03-2011, 06:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

yes boss that is correct. i have pictures of the car when the original owner arrived home in front of his house with it after leaving the dealership just a few miles away. there is not even a splattered bug on the front.

Old 06-06-2011, 02:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

We need to see those!

Old 06-06-2011, 03:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
We need to see those!
Inquiring minds need to know!

Old 06-06-2011, 11:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i have got to dig them up, when i moved 10 years ago, i packed all my pics away and have never unpacked all of them. remind me in a few weeks and i will have some time to dig them up.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:43 AM
Suspended

I would like to see pics of what the car looks like now.

Old 06-08-2011, 11:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsgtos2 View Post
I would like to see pics of what the car looks like now.
greg, here are some pics of the car. first, sorry for the terrible pics as my scanner is not compatible with my new computer, i took a picture of the picture and then downloaded it on the computer.
the picture of the car on the trailer is when i put it away in one of my warehouses and it has not seen daylight since and actually has not moved one inch since then. (yes that is me with my mullet back then). that was in the mid eighties. the other pictures are ones that i took for telli (matt m.) and i am guessing that was around 88 89 90 , (matt, do you remember when that was???). the one of the hood scoop, i tried to take my camera and take a picture of the picture really close up so that you could read the ram air iv.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	69 ra4 firebird cr on trailer.JPG
Views:	295
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	246525   Click image for larger version

Name:	69 ra4 firebird front.JPG
Views:	224
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	246526   Click image for larger version

Name:	69 ra4 firebird engine left.JPG
Views:	283
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	246527   Click image for larger version

Name:	69 ra4 firebird hood callout.JPG
Views:	217
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	246528   Click image for larger version

Name:	69 ra4 firebird left side.JPG
Views:	252
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	246529  

Old 06-09-2011, 06:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Righteous!

Old 06-09-2011, 06:54 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

muscle collector, thanks for sharing the photos.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:30 AM
Senior Chief

Very Nice !

Old 06-09-2011, 10:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

wow!

Old 06-09-2011, 01:46 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks for the pics Muscle Collector.
wow!
Stupid question...It looks like the trim rings for the Rally II's are missing. Did the RA IV's come that way?