WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 05-22-2013, 11:28 AM
Administrator

Default New Reproductions for GTOG8TA.COM

Fellow GTO owners,

Let us know what you would like to see made for your 04-06 Goats. What are some things you're looking for but GM doesn't have or China hasn't made yet!

Couple things in the works from us...
1. 5.7 and 6.0 Fender badges in Chrome w/ color painted inlays (not the junky plastic pieces
2. Carbon Fiber door handles
3. Arrowheads
Old 06-07-2013, 09:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I think one thing that will be asked for shortly is seat covers for front(wear) and rear(tear) issues.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_GTO View Post
I think one thing that will be asked for shortly is seat covers for front(wear) and rear(tear) issues.
interesting. My interior feels like it will never wear. That leather appears to be very thick and strong. However, my car only has 16,000 miles on it. Maybe it needs to be sat on a few more times.

Keep the ideas coming.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

A repair solution or reproduction rear seat covers along with headrest covers. The sun bakes the rear seat and hardens the leather and kills the seams. I had a quote of over $1000 just to fix the seams on mine. IIRC, it's a little more than $1000 for for new rear seat covers from GM.
'95 Comp T/A #6 M6 - bone stock (pics)
Old 06-13-2013, 02:40 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdoro 68 View Post
A repair solution or reproduction rear seat covers along with headrest covers. The sun bakes the rear seat and hardens the leather and kills the seams. I had a quote of over $1000 just to fix the seams on mine. IIRC, it's a little more than $1000 for for new rear seat covers from GM.
ok, good to know. I had heard issues about stitching coming apart on GTOs. I think it may be a regional issue based on climate. This has always been true. Places like Arizona, California etc with consistent warm dry climates have had their interiors end up pretty nasty while the East coast, great lakes areas seem to have no interior problems at all despite some cold dry miserable winters.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Lots of rear seat stitching issues here in Texas. Don't know why my 97 Chevy seats can handle the heat/sun and the GTO couldn't .Leather gets too hard to just restitch and the size is so long shop has to buy a whole piece of leather or get the GM covers for $1K.
1965 GTO 4 barrel 3 speed project
2004 GTO Pulse Red stock motor computer tune 13.43@103.4
1964 Impala SS 409/470ci 600 HP stroker project
1979 Camaro IAII Edelbrock head 500" 695 HP 10.33@132 3595lbs
Old 06-19-2013, 02:23 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

G8 custom fit car covers, with a nice red arrowhead on the "hood"?
Old 08-28-2013, 10:33 AM

Drive shafts and steering racks are getting hard to come by. Also the rear quarter window trim deteriorates rapidly and cannot be purchased separately from glass. Upper door trim on mine is also starting to deteriorate.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdoro 68 View Post
This is very common. Lot's of leather conditioner and tinted windows have thankfully kept mine togehter for over 100k miles. (Knocks on wood)

Here is a how-to on a DIY repair.

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324008

Seat covers would still be great item to have available. Assuming they are still availabe, the GM prices are insane.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:23 PM

GM Part#: 92138605 TTY Front cradle bolts are no longer available.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccass View Post
ok, good to know. I had heard issues about stitching coming apart on GTOs. I think it may be a regional issue based on climate. This has always been true. Places like Arizona, California etc with consistent warm dry climates have had their interiors end up pretty nasty while the East coast, great lakes areas seem to have no interior problems at all despite some cold dry miserable winters.
Chris, living in Ohio one owner car and I had one set of rear seat covers replaced under warranty and they have shrunk again and have torn the stitching. Also the front drivers cover on my car has torn stitching, it's not just in the south or the southwest. It's about sun exposure because my car is seldom garaged and has sat outside for most of it's life.

My rubber gaskets around the glass on the quarter windows is starting to blister and fall apart. 88,000 miles currently, bought car new in February 2006 and have never driven the car in the winter time.

There is a definite problem with these 2 items that is going to be needed restoration parts in the future especially if the cars sit outside. It's doubtful that GM will continue to stock these parts at affordable prices so there will be a definite market for both items as these cars age.
1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 09-08-2013, 09:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
Chris, living in Ohio one owner car and I had one set of rear seat covers replaced under warranty and they have shrunk again and have torn the stitching. Also the front drivers cover on my car has torn stitching, it's not just in the south or the southwest. It's about sun exposure because my car is seldom garaged and has sat outside for most of it's life.

My rubber gaskets around the glass on the quarter windows is starting to blister and fall apart. 88,000 miles currently, bought car new in February 2006 and have never driven the car in the winter time.

There is a definite problem with these 2 items that is going to be needed restoration parts in the future especially if the cars sit outside. It's doubtful that GM will continue to stock these parts at affordable prices so there will be a definite market for both items as these cars age.
Ok, that's good info to know the stitching problem could be just about anywhere.

We are currently investigating the rear quarter rubber gaskets. Mine just so happen to be experiencing this problem. One of our guys said that you can spray plasti-dip on these weatherstrips for a pretty nice quick fix but we're attempting to come up with a reproduction for a better long term solution.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccass View Post
We are currently investigating the rear quarter rubber gaskets. Mine just so happen to be experiencing this problem. One of our guys said that you can spray plasti-dip on these weatherstrips for a pretty nice quick fix but we're attempting to come up with a reproduction for a better long term solution.
Awesome.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:46 AM
Administrator

Default 04-06 GTO arrowhead emblem samples

Samples for the 04-06 GTO arrowheads are in!

They look great. A little darker red but no one would notice unless you put an original up next to it.

We are going to make the bezel as well. We are definitely making the Satin plated bezel to match stock. Would anyone also be interested in Chrome or anything else?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gto arrowhead compare.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	337077  
Old 09-17-2013, 07:52 PM

One thing that would be awesome if it was available is the rear sports Appearance Package bumper.

No one makes Repo's, and they are no longer available through GM. Other places make the side skirts, front grills and front bumper extensions but no one makes a rear bumper. I'd buy one just to have an additional one..

Old 09-24-2013, 08:53 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeech View Post
One thing that would be awesome if it was available is the rear sports Appearance Package bumper.

No one makes Repo's, and they are no longer available through GM. Other places make the side skirts, front grills and front bumper extensions but no one makes a rear bumper. I'd buy one just to have an additional one..

This is interesting...I like this idea because it's not available anywhere and looks great imo.

Only problem I see is the cost. This will cost tons of money in research and development.

Retail would be hundreds of dollars. Then because of its size, an additional $50-100 to ship.

That being said, if we can get a petition, if you will, for people really interested, we'll go for it.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:18 AM
Administrator

Second step is complete. The bezels look great!
Our first run will be in stock satin, chrome, and black.

Estimated price for these will be around $35-$50. GM ones are $150! Should become available over the winter.

Rears are on the way next.

Will keep you posted...

http://gtog8ta.com/04-06-gto/04-06-p...-emblem-repro/
Old 11-21-2013, 02:09 PM
Administrator

04-06 front arrowheads are on their way...

Special $29 intro price won't last long.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:43 AM

I'm a new member to the forum and this is my first post. I signed up after seeing that PY is producing parts for the GTO. Thanks for doing that as these cars are getting harder to find affordable parts for.

One thing I'd like to see is some sort of fastener set that would replace the TTY bolts used in our suspensions with conventional bolts. I realize that's not something you would manufacture, but I've tried contacting companies like ARP about this without much success. Thanks
Old 12-02-2013, 03:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TRGTO View Post
I'm a new member to the forum and this is my first post. I signed up after seeing that PY is producing parts for the GTO. Thanks for doing that as these cars are getting harder to find affordable parts for.

One thing I'd like to see is some sort of fastener set that would replace the TTY bolts used in our suspensions with conventional bolts. I realize that's not something you would manufacture, but I've tried contacting companies like ARP about this without much success. Thanks
Do you have the measurements for this or could you possibly send one to us? We can see if its available fro our bolt suppliers.