Old 10-07-2022, 10:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

strange it has wheel hop on the street with drag radials, ive never had wheel hop issues on any 2nd gen trans ams with an auto trans or one with a 4 speed, all different power levels from 250-500+hp. all kinds of springs/shocks too, worn out stock stock, cheap aftermarket leafs and monroe shocks or stiff PTFB springs & cheap drag shocks set at 50/50 rear & 90/10 front. but each car is different.
a friends 77 camaro with a stock 350sbc & manual trans with worn out springs/shocks did it terribly with big 295/50s on cragars sticking out the wheel wells.

for rear springs, i really like the PTFB, they are priced better than most other performance springs & have a slight 1.5" drop, they are firm for cornering but still ride very nice, i have them on a 72 firebird that runs low 11's, no wheel hop on drag radials at the track or on street & none with street tires.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 78w72 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2022, 03:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

Jay, cliff performed some sort of mod on the rear leaf springs on his Ventura ( he recently sold it). I believe he added a leaf or 2 to the leaf stack, but only forward of the rear end. And maybe clamped them together???

I will see if he will maybe post here.....

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
The Following User Says Thank You to 77 TRASHCAN For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2022, 09:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks guys. I will look up the PTFB springs. The clutch is grabby and tries to chatter taking off, that isn’t helping either. Hope that calms down some with use though. I”ll do a search as see if I can find what Cliff did on his car too.