Old 09-18-2022, 11:15 PM

Default 66 Star Chief Executive brakes upgrade

Has anybody compiled a parts list to upgrade these big body Pontiacs to disc brakes all the way around? I'm also looking at upgrading the single pot master cylinder to a dual pot and adding a proportion valve. I didn't know if anybody made a kit to upgrade the front end to disc brakes or if there was factory parts off of other cars I could swap to. If anybody could shed some light I would appreciate it.

Old 09-18-2022, 11:28 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

http://scarebird.com/index.php?route...product_id=283

Here's one option.

Old 09-19-2022, 01:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooguy View Post
Has anybody compiled a parts list to upgrade these big body Pontiacs to disc brakes all the way around? I'm also looking at upgrading the single pot master cylinder to a dual pot and adding a proportion valve. I didn't know if anybody made a kit to upgrade the front end to disc brakes or if there was factory parts off of other cars I could swap to. If anybody could shed some light I would appreciate it.
Master Power is another option. I know Ames sells a disc brake conversion kit that uses the Scarebird brackets.

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 09-19-2022, 10:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Used scare bird stuff on my 62 to use discs. Nice and clear instructions and fit was great.

1968 GTO 4-spd convertible, console, factory gauges, hidden headlights, 3.90:1 posi, AM/FM radio.

1962 Catalina convertible, Starlight black w maroon interior & white top.
Old 09-25-2022, 09:38 PM

Does anybody know if there is a interchangeable brake booster from a later year that would allow me to use a dual well master cylinder?

Old 09-25-2022, 10:21 PM

Don't need to change the booster, just get a dual pot master that has the same depth plunger as your current single pot.

Old 09-25-2022, 10:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It's been discussed here in the past, if I remember correctly a master cylinder from a 1967 full size Pontiac with disc brakes is supposed to work with your existing booster.