Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 10-05-2022, 12:37 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default What's up with this lighter?

I have this lighter in a GM Delco box and the tag says p/n 7030711 which I believe is the correct number for my Firebird. Something didn't look quite right but the number was correct and it did appear to be NOS so I bought it. Of course when I got home it became very obvious that the knob is not the same as my original.

So my question is: What is this lighter supposed to go to?
I'm trying to decide if the wrong lighter was put in this box at some point or if this is another example of GM taking a part that will function and selling it as the correct number after the car was a few years old.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized952022100495170828.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	599971  

Old 10-05-2022, 09:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

A dealer sold me the same lighter for my 78 back in 1979. Never noticed all the knobs matched till years later. This came up before, it’s for another Pontiac, I think big car. Same as can am but those had the knurl too. You need a new lighter lol

Just Say No To 8” Flakes

F ire B irds

🇮🇱