Old 10-22-2022, 01:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Spraying a 5.3

I have always wanted to, and never have, played with Nitrous. In the spirit of never leaving anything alone, I think I might spray this stock 5.3 in my GTO. Looks like they make simple kit to go in front of the throttle body. Looking for advice/thoughts here. It has to be a blast!!!

Old 10-22-2022, 09:08 PM
Senior Chief

My son owns www.pronitrous.com and has done a lot of those and could likely provide some info.

Old 10-23-2022, 06:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue67gtoragtop View Post
My son owns www.pronitrous.com and has done a lot of those and could likely provide some info.
I'll check it out. Thanks!

Old 10-23-2022, 01:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Are there companies to stay away from? What's "the best"?

Old 11-01-2022, 10:53 PM
Suspended

Nitrous express is a decent option for what you're after. They handle stock to full out set ups..
I wouldn't be scared to spray 150 to a stock 5.3.. You're gonna need to pull roughly 6° on that hit.. they can set u up with what you need to work with your ecu for that as well..plug and play type set up.

Old 11-02-2022, 06:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Roberts View Post
Nitrous express is a decent option for what you're after. They handle stock to full out set ups..
I wouldn't be scared to spray 150 to a stock 5.3.. You're gonna need to pull roughly 6° on that hit.. they can set u up with what you need to work with your ecu for that as well..plug and play type set up.
Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks! I figured WTH. This engine, with harness and ECM, cost me $400. Might as well play with this before I swap it out for some more cubes and HP.

Old 11-02-2022, 06:38 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchmitz View Post
Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks! I figured WTH. This engine, with harness and ECM, cost me $400. Might as well play with this before I swap it out for some more cubes and HP.
Absolutely.. I bought a car with a 6.0 ls in it that had one kit on it. I tried to kill it on the street before I pulled it.. never did. Lol
Go have fun with it. 150 and pull 6° or more if u want to be safe. It will impress u..

Old 11-02-2022, 06:52 AM
Suspended

Quote:
What are u gonna run the LS in?
You gonna buy a complete engine or build one yourself.. Lots of good companies out there for LS.. God knows, I've talked to them all..lol
P.S. Texas speed isn't the best. The guys at Mast Motorsports are very knowledgeable and eager to help.. they love what they do and have nice stuff..
They don't bad mouth other venders and will help guide u in any direction you want to go..

Old 11-02-2022, 07:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

This is my retrofit: https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com...d.php?t=850551

Haven't decided what engine I'll end up with. Was dreaming about something like this: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...s/ls/ls427-570

Have heard a lot about Texas Speed.

Old 11-02-2022, 08:02 AM
Suspended

Quote:
This is my retrofit: https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com...d.php?t=850551

Haven't decided what engine I'll end up with. Was dreaming about something like this: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...s/ls/ls427-570

Have heard a lot about Texas Speed.
Very nice set up you have! I did a quick search on a 427 and found a blueprint 427 making 625 for 12k.. that's a good deal in my opinion.. that's a lot of power on the street.. that would hurt some feelings..lol
Hopefully you can make your dream come true.. it will be a handful.. won't be just spinning a tire leaving the dairy queen with that..

Last edited by Scott Roberts; 11-02-2022 at 08:08 AM.
Old 11-02-2022, 08:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Ery nice set up you have! I did a quick search on a 427 and found a blueprint 427 making 625 for 12k.. that's a good deal in my opinion.. that's a lot of power on the street.. that would hurt some feelings..lol
Hopefully you can make your dream come true.. it will be a handful.. won't be just spinning a tire leaving the dairy queen with that..
Thanks! Gonna upgrade for sure. Car has been whipping my a$$ for a few years (long story). So I'm gonna drive the 5.3 for a little while. Retiring soon hopefully. Then it's on!!! Also considering salvage yard 6.2 with a supercharger.

Old 11-02-2022, 08:33 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Thanks! Gonna upgrade for sure. Car has been whipping my a$$ for a few years (long story). So I'm gonna drive the 5.3 for a little while. Retiring soon hopefully. Then it's on!!! Also considering salvage yard 6.2 with a supercharger.
Easy to make power with the 6.2 LSA... I had a 2011 CTSV that was putting down 687 with minor work and a tune.. had to sell that one. I was gonna get in trouble on the street.. after making a pull to 190mph, I decided it was time to let it go..lol

Old 11-02-2022, 10:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Easy to make power with the 6.2 LSA... I had a 2011 CTSV that was putting down 687 with minor work and a tune.. had to sell that one. I was gonna get in trouble on the street.. after making a pull to 190mph, I decided it was time to let it go..lol
Agreed. Access to excess. lol