Industry Stuff new repro's, updates, other info.

Old 03-26-2002, 08:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Any real world feedback on this? I am about to purchase an authentic ram air hood.

Old 03-26-2002, 11:03 AM
Administrator

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ccass:
I have not tested the hood myself, but have talked to two very reliable sources who say the fit is extremely good other than these two minor issues.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It all depends on how much money you're going to pay for that Ram Air hood and what kind of car it's going on. Both will be show quality when you are done installing them.

Old 04-22-2002, 12:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Okay guys,
I've actually seen one. They are everything they promised.
I actually saw the prototype that the rest were based on. This guy that I keep seeing at swap meets had the hood. He sold it for $350.00 w/ scoops. I thought that was an alright price!

Old 04-23-2002, 10:02 PM
Senior Chief

Finally received my hood today (not PY's fault - shipping company was PITA ). First impressions are that it is a good piece, except for the sticker on the underneath that says "Made In Taiwan" I can't believe that I'm going to have something from "there" on my made in America musclecar! I did notice the "line" between the scoops, should be no prob to knock that down. I am going to get this to my bodyman on Fri. I will keep you all informed of what his professional opinion of it is, as soon as I know.

'06 GTO, '68 LeMans project, bikes, etc.
Old 04-24-2002, 08:50 AM
Administrator

a462, I hope you don't look under too many parts for our hobby. Unfortunately more than 50% of what you buy for your Pontiac is made in Taiwan. If the membership would like to discuss why, how, who....etc I would be glad to participate in a discussion about it in a separate topic.

Old 04-24-2002, 11:31 AM
Senior Chief

Chris, no big deal on the "Taiwan issue", I was just venting! I actually expected as much, many of the parts from there are pretty good quality. How soon can I get some Taiwan special tail light lenses for my 70 GTO?

[ April 24, 2002, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: a462goat ]

Old 04-29-2002, 01:13 AM
Senior Chief

If anybody's interested, I got the hood over to the body shop & my bodymans first impression is that it is a pretty good piece. It lines up well with the fenders from front to back, that was his main concern with it.
The line that goes just between the scoops. Most people wouldn't notice it. It can be completely removed by using a DA sander and about 1/2 hour labor. - my bodyman has told me that it will take more than that to make it look right, but it is no problem for him. For the most part, I am happy with it so far. It is here: http://community.webshots.com/album/35333839AvAxRZ

Old 05-18-2002, 12:42 PM

I will buy one now can you bring it to Norwalk for me?Im talking about the 68 GTO hood.P.S. does it come with hood scoops?

Old 05-19-2002, 12:38 AM
Senior Chief

The hood inserts (scoops) are extra.

Old 05-22-2002, 12:13 PM

Got one of those new hoods. It is still resting in the shop. Why ? Well those lousy guys that packed this hood sent me a piece of **** that was dented on the ounderside. It is no doubt that they are the ones to blaim since the package had no damage on it.
%/()&=&=(= bastards

Old 05-23-2002, 09:55 AM
Administrator

Roar, Who did you purchase the hood from? Your posting might cause readers to think PY shipped the hood.

Old 05-27-2002, 05:39 AM

CCass It WASNT PY. I ordered it from a shop here that got it from Ames. But Ames didnt pack it. They ordered it directly from the guys that makes it, and they sent it directly to Norway. So it is the guys that makes it that screwed me up. The package had no damage at all so it wasnt the shipping company that screwed this one up.

Old 01-11-2003, 04:33 AM

Hood fits fine on our '69 Judge. As stated, attention needed in scoop area and body line down c/l of hood. Also, extra prep for R/A option. Probably should grab that original R/A hood if price is right, as that is what we used as a guide to modify our repro to install pans and hood tach. Lines up with fenders nicely, better than the original on my ragtop! Good luck. Ron.

Old 02-08-2003, 01:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I put a new hood on my '69. I used the original factory scoops. No work was needed to grind the substructure area for the left side scoop. The scoop slides right into place, and holds fast before you even tighten the nuts on the studs.
I was going to cheap out and use my original hood, but for the time it would take the body man to take the minor dings out of my original, the reproduction was a more economical choice.