Old 04-05-2021, 07:05 PM

Default TATA Value

I am looking to buy a TATA. I want a W72 4 speed car only. I have seen a few over the years in the 25-35K range. It wasn’t the right time for me to buy but it is now. What I do you feel the market is right now, and does anybody have one for sale? Thanks!

Old 04-05-2021, 07:45 PM
Suspended

Your numbers are correct for people looking to actually sell. I've seen a couple in the 50K and up zone but believe those were fishing.

I must add that the ones I have seen were super low mileage. I'll be honest with you, I've never seen one with miles. Seems a lot of people squirreled these away

Old 04-05-2021, 08:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

buddy of mine has a running and driving one that needs restored he would sell

Old 04-06-2021, 03:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I would say 25k-35k would be right. Seems prices on all old cars are on the rise right now. The high dollar TATA's are 4 speed cars with ultra low mileage. If youre not concerned with that you should be able to find something. Im currently restoring a 4 speed model, at one time I had planned on selling it but as of right now I am probably going to keep it for awhile.

Old 04-07-2021, 01:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Very tough to find a 4 speed car. I'm picking up a low mileage auto car as 4 speeds are very rare and expensive when they do pop up. Most are either extremely rough or extremely nice, not much in between. Converting a 403/auto car to a correct 400/4spd is around a 10k proposition to do it properly, and it's still not original, and that's about what the premium is for a nice 4spd car. I don't care much about # matching as I can't tell when I drive it what the part numbers are, but I may be in the minority. Luckily literally everything to do it is available, so it's not difficult, just pricey.

Good luck in your search. I can't find any restored or nice original 4 speed cars under $30k, that's about what the nice autos are now.