Old 04-16-2021, 10:03 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default '67 GTO AND '67 Lemans value?

A buddies brother in law died 5-10 years ago and now the wife wants to get rid of his old cars. I'm going to take a look at them when my buddy comes to town, but I would like to have a rough idea of what the market is on these.

Here's what I have been told. Nothing is verified yet.

'67 GTO needs restoration. I'm thinking ROUGH. He bought the Lemans as a donor car, but decided it was too nice to scrap & started restoring it instead.

The Lemans is on a rotisserie & it has new floor pans & other sheet metal. Don't know what has been installed or not. The frame was restored and powder coated.

There is supposed to be several engines & other parts that are possibly original to these cars and/or highly desirable. The cars & parts have been stored in a couple of Connex containers for years.

I know there are a lot of variables, but what kind of range am I looking at?
My buddy mentioned $10k - $12k for everything a few years ago...

There is no try. - Yoda

1967 Firebird Restoration 2005 - 1/25/2017
Old 04-16-2021, 12:14 PM
Senior Chief

I think 10-12 is very optimistic. It took me a year to sell a 69 GTO project 2 years ago. The body had new full quarters installed, outer wheel houses, trunk pan and floors installed. The frame was painted and new bushing installed. It had a 69 400 w/turbo 400. Car had a/c, console, hidden headlights and a few more options. I started advertising it for 10K on Craigslist & Facebook. After a year I dropped the price to 8K ended up selling it on eBay for $7,500. Projects are a hard sell unless they are a Ram air or other desirable car.

Old 04-17-2021, 12:01 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I agree- a LeMans on a rotisserie is going to be a hard sell.... may want to try on the pro-touring sites. I don’t think it will pull 12 for everything unless the GTO is in good shape.

Old 04-18-2021, 03:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I agree with these guys. Tried to sell two first gen Firebird convertibles with zero rust or body damage and 100% complete but needing restoration on this forum this past month for 5k apiece with no takers. Cars went back east where they should easily sell for 12-15k in the rust belt. Leman's with floor replacement/not really valuable. GTO needing major work, same. Labor and paintwork and parts are more expensive than they've ever been.