Old 04-28-2021, 05:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default swap out A pillars

Would it better just to do the outside to keep something there for alignment. Inside is good, this is one of my vinyl top cars. Outside is junk, its pretty rusted away. I have a doner 68 I can use to fix one of my 69's. Not sure where to make the parting line to cut and weld. Anyone do this on theirs?

6.27@107
9.97@131
Old 04-28-2021, 09:30 PM
Senior Chief

Bill I don't know the answer to your question but I have put a lot of thought into how I am going to do my convertible. I don't think it would be to hard to drill the inside spot welds and cut the short weld beads on the outside. Then make a cut at top and bottom. Anyway are you aware that AMD makes this part? Just in case you want to make the job a little easier with new parts. I really like AMD quality. This is for the left side but they also have the right side. If you do this please post a few pictures.
http://www.autometaldirect.com/amd-a...o-p-19926.html

Paul

Old 04-30-2021, 10:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for posting the link, I didn't realize they were available . A lot has changed since iv'e messed with GTO stuff. I figured I would have to cut up a doner car to make this happen.

6.27@107
9.97@131