Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2021, 09:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Interesting Electrical day.

Found myself a universal hazard switch for my 64 Lemans, been sitting around for more than a few year. So during these weird times, I figured I would put it in. Also replace turn signal switch with a new on. Not wanting to cut up the wires I made up a plug in harness using old turn signal connector and another dash harness plug.
Flashers work good, until you step on the brake pedal with the flashers on. The starter engages, WTF.
Turn flasher off and no problem. tried numerous different times and same thing, tried different signal lever position, same thing. unplug power going to flasher and starter work normal. pull out flasher with power still unplugged and normal operation of starter. This does have a really that operates the starter, so suspect I have feedback somewhere with poor ground. Might just have to scrap the hazard switch. LOL. Something really weird going on. All signals work properly. Loosing hair on this one, LOL.